Azog the Defiler

I reached into the bottom of my quiver and pulled out a small knife. I slowly slid the knife into the apple, slicing off a piece before handing it to Legolas. He bowed slightly and took the piece. "We should head back" He said as I continued to slice another piece. We started walking back together. "Can I ask you something?" I asked as we passed a large fallen tree. Legolas nodded. "Ask me anything" He said and smiled. I sat down on the fallen tree and looked around at the forest. The trees were taller here than any other forest. "Do you ever want to leave home and go on a journey?" I asked Legolas as he sat down next to me. "A journey?" He asked confused. I nodded. "Yeah like traveling to other places, seeing people that aren't elves" I said as Legolas grabbed my hand. "Why would I? My home is where I belong. It's where you belong" Legolas said. I stood up and shook his hand off mine. "You don't get it. You never will" I said angrily and started walking off. "Arandur!" Legolas yelled as he ran after me. "Explain to me" He said. His voice was gentle and his mood was calm, the exact opposite of mine. "I want to travel Legolas. I want to see people who are different than us! I want to see hobbits and dwarves and orcs! Like Azog!" I yelled before thinking about what I said. "What do you know of Azog" Legolas said as he grabbed my arm. "Nothing" I lied. It was a stupid thing to mention him, Legolas could always see through my lies. "What do you know of Azog" He asked again as his grip tightened. "I saw him" I said and pulled my arm back hard enough to make me lose my balance and bump into a tree. "I'm going to meet with him" I said as I stood up right. "Arandur! Do you understand how dangerous that it!" Legolas yelled. *"It is my decision. I will not let a simple elven man like you stop me!"* I yelled back. *"Do you know who you're talking to?"* Legolas asked as he got closer to me. *"I am the prince of Mirkwood!"* He yelled. "Yeah, yeah, yeah" I said and rolled my eyes as I started walking again. "You will not go" He said from behind me. I stopped walking and turned to face him."I'll do what I want, your majesty" I said and bowed. I rolled my eyes again and continued walking.

        Once we got back home we found dinner ready and served. After, Legolas was led to a room across from mine and next to his father's. When all the lights in Lothlórien were off I slung my quiver on my back along with my bow and made my way to the edge of Lothlórien to meet with the pale orc. When I walked past the room Legolas was in I checked twice before continuing on. The forest at night looked much different than during the day time. The trees took on twisted shapes and the only birds out were crows.

        When I was by the edge of Lothlórien I saw a figure approaching me. {"Is that you pale orc?"} I asked afraid to speak out loud. "My name is Azog" The figure said as he stepped into the light. "Princess of Lothlórien" Azog said and bowed. "My name is Arandur. There is no need to call me by title" I said as he stood up. "You are valued by your people but are only known to elves?" Azog asked. I nodded. "My mother and father thought if they could keep me hidden my curiosity of other folk would fade" I said slightly ashamed. "It made you more curious" Azog said catching my attention. I nodded again. "Or you would not venture as far as the edge of your land" Azog said. He easily towered over me and looked down at me as he spoke. "You are one of the elves yet share your height with that of the dwarves" He said slightly confused. "No one can explain the reason for my height but many elves believe it is to blend with the dwarves" I said as my eyes locked onto his blue eyes. "Teach me the black speech" I begged. Azog smiled and let out a slight laugh.

        Weeks had passed and I met with Azog every night to perfect my orcish. I was told by ada that I had to marry Legolas. "I refuse" I said firmly. "It is not your choice Arandur" Ada said back. "Then allow another elven king to have a say in this. Tomorrow let me set out for Imladris. I will ask Lord Elrond for his blessing. I shall send word by blue jay. If he says no I will stay in Imladris and if he says yes I shall return to Lothlórien" I told my father. He agreed and I spent the day packing.

        That night I met with Azog like normal and explained that I was leaving. ~"I will not allow your fate to be freely thrown into the hands of a foolish king!"~ Azog said raising his voice. ~"My friend, he will say no. I will be free"~ I said and smiled. ~"Before you leave come back here. I shall leave you with a gift"~ He said as he wrapped his arms around me. Azog moved his hand up and down my back to comfort me. "I shall be back tomorrow. Look for my white and grey horse" I told him before leaving.

        In the morning I placed my bags onto my horse and checked them for the last time. "We have a journey ahead Odran. This is the start of a new time" I said as I stroked my horse. My people were there to see me off and once I knew I was out of range of sight I brought my horse to a steady sprint. We made our way down the path of Celebrant and slowed when we got close to the misty mountains. I dismounted my horse and tied him to a tree. "Stay put Odran" I said before leaving. ~"My friend"~ I called for Azog. "You came" He said with a smile. I pulled an arrow from my quiver and drew it back when I saw another orc with Azog. He was shorter than his but still towered over me. His skin was black and his hair was matted into rows on his head. "He will do no harm" Azog assured me. I put away my arrow and bow as I approached Azog. ~"A gift"~ He said as the orc beside him held out a long straight blade. The edge of it was brought to a sharp peak. "There is only two weapons made similar to this in existence. Both used by orcs. Take care of this weapon" He said as I grabbed the leather bound end. I moved a distance away and swung my new sword. It was light and moved easily. ~"Leave us"~ Azog said to the other orc. I slipped the cover back onto the weapon and fixed it to my belt.

        "It looks like you are having no trouble with the weapon" Azog said and smiled. "No, now I shall leave you with a gift" I said as I stood in front of Azog. I stepped onto a tree stump so we were similar in height. As he walk closer I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. I placed a small kiss on his scared cheek before pulling away and taking his features in once more. "We might not meet again my friend. That's why I left you with my gift. Take care" I said and smiled. "Be careful with your journey. I shall think of your gift all the time" Azog said and smiled back. I got back on my horse and headed for Imladris.