The Gardens

_____________________________________________________________

Okay so longer chapter this time. I didn't realize it until I finished writing -.- but that's okay :) I hope you enjoy

_____________________________________________________________

      Thorin disproved of Mithrandir's way of getting him to Imladris. After a short argument he decided to go along with it. {"Thorin Oakenshield you shall not be harmed here"} I told him as we got close to the bridge. He turned and looked at me. Thorin looked worried and slightly angry still. Lindir came down the steps and greeted us. "Mithrandir" Lindir said as he reached the bottom of the steps. "Ah, Lindir" Mithrandir said and smiled. *"We heard you had crossed into the Valley"* Lindir said as he looked around at the company. "I must speak with Elrond" Mithrandir told him. "My Lord Elrond is not here" Lindir responded. "Not here? Where is he?" Mithrandir asked. The sound of the same horn was heard followed by the elves on horseback. *"My lady"* Lindir said and bowed as I walked up to him. I hugged him tight. "I've known you for years mellon nin. There is no need to keep calling me 'my lady'" I said as I mimicked his voice. *"My friend! Where have you been?"* Mithrandir asked. *"We've been hunting a pack of Orcs that came up from the South. We slew a number near the Hidden Pass"* Elrond said as he got off his horse. Mithrandir hugged him before Elrond handed Lindir his sword. "Strange for orcs to come so close to our borders. Something or someone has drawn them near" Elrond said to Mithrandir. "Ah, that may have been us" Mithrandir said as Elrond looked at the company. Thorin walked out of the circle of dwarves. "Welcome Thorin, son of Thrain" Elrond said to the dwarve. "I do not believe we have met" Thorin responded. "You have your Grandfather's bearing. I knew Thror when he ruled under the mountain" Elrond told him. "Indeed? He made no mention of you" Thorin said rudely. He looked at me. I glared back at him.

      Elrond offered us food and a place to stay. After a long discussion Thorin decided to accept it. When we ate Mithrandir showed Elrond the sword he found in the cave. "This is Glamdring. The Foe-hammer, sword of the King of Gondolin. These swords were made for the Goblin wars of the First age" Elrond said as he noticed Thorin looking at his sword. "Master Thorin may I see your sword?" Elrond asked him. He pulled it out of its leather casing and handed it over. "I have never seen this sword before but it has been made by my people. You could not wish for a finer blade" Elrond said as he looked it over. "It was given to me as a gift from my nephew's friend" Thorin said. Kili and I looked at eachother. "Made by you" Kili said out loud. "You made me my sword?" Thorin asked. I nodded. "I thank you for your gift" Thorin said and slightly bowed. I blushed and noticed Elrond and Mithrandir look at eachother. Mithrandir made Thorin show Elrond the map of the lonely mountain. He refused at first but Mithrandir convinced him, telling him that Elrond was one of the few people who could read it. After, Lindir showed the dwarves to their rooms. Thorin's room was to the right of mine. Kili and Fili shared a room with double beds, their room was to the left of mine.

      When I was in my room sitting on the bed there was a knock on my door. "Come in" I said being snapped out of my thoughts. "Lindir" I said and smiled as he walked in. "Lord Elrond and Mithrandir would like to speak with you in the gardens" He said as I stood up. "Thank you" I told him as he smiled at me. "You look just as beautiful as you did the first time I saw you Aran" Lindir said and tucked a hair behind my ear. I blushed and looked down at the ground. Lindir led me to the gardens before he left. "Lord Elrond" I said and smiled at him. "Aran" Elrond said before he hugged me. "Lindir said you wanted to speak with me" I said as we slowly walked through the garden. "Yes" Elrond said and nodded. "I wanted to speak about Thorin Oakenshield" Elrond said as we walked over to Mithrandir who was sitting on a bench. "What about Thorin Oakenshield?" I asked. "It seems you have become very fond of him" Mithrandir said as he stood. I blushed. "Not becoming fond of him. He's the leader of this company" I said trying to hide my red face. "Arandur. We are no fools" Elrond told me. "It seems Thorin has become very fond of you too" Mithrandir said. "Although he will not admit it. It's a very obvious thing to anyone" Mithrandir said. "Why did you want to talk about this?" I asked. "Well it has come to our attention that you're slightly shorter than Thorin, which is almost never heard of from an elv" Mithrandir said. "We believe that you two might be a true couple" Elrond said. "If so you must keep him safe at all times. Elves struggle when losing their one" Mithrandir said. "But he isn't" I said raising my voice slightly. "He is rude and doesn't want me on this quest anyway. He would leave me behind in the blink of an eye!" I said to them. "There is no arguing with what is set in stone!" Mithrandir said causing the lights around us to go dim before coming back. "We shall leave you to your thoughts" Elrond said leaving with Mithrandir.

      I stood looking out at the many waterfalls in Imladris. I heard footsteps get closer. "Is everything alright? I heard shouting" A familar voice said from behind. I turned around and saw Thorin. He was not in his normal furs or chainmail. Thorin had on dark blue thin shirt that slightly showed his chest. I blushed when I noticed. "It was just a small argument with Gandalf and Lord Elrond" I said and sat down on the bench. Thorin slowly walked over to the bench and sat next to me. "I wanted to apologize for what I said when we first met" Thorin said as he looked at his shoes. "You are part of my company now and I would never dream of leaving you behind" Thorin said as he looked at me. His blue eyes were softer this time and looked like oceans going on forever. "It's no problem" I said finally looking away from his eyes. "If I was you I wouldn't trust any elv ever" I said looking at the garden. "But I am not the one who made the decision to not aid your people. That was Thranduil's choice and he was only trying to protect his people" I told him as I walked back over to the balcony. Thorin followed me and stood next to me close by. "I will not allow anyone or anything to harm you" Thorin quietly said. "Nor I to you" I said back blushing. "What were you and Gandalf discussing?" Thorin asked. I blushed even more. "He believes that we might be a true couple" I said not daring to look him in the eyes. "But we are not of the same kin" Thorin said confused. "You do not need to be of the same kin to be a true couple. You just need to have...." I stopped in mid-sentence. "Just need to have what?" Thorin asked. I looked at him letting our eyes lock again. "To have an undying love for one another" I said. After a minute of just looking at one another I looked away. "We should be getting some sleep" Thorin said. I nodded. "May I walk you back to your room?" He asked. "Your room is right next to mine anyway" I said making Thorin laugh a little as we started walking back. He stopped in front of my door. "Goodnight Thorin Oakenshield" I said and kissed him on the cheek. "Goodnight Arandur, princess of Lothlórien" Thorin said as I walked into my room. I had pulled off my heavy cloak and laid it with my bag before I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I said. Kili and Fili walked in. "We saw what happened" Kili said and smiled. "You two were snooping around" I said and crossed my arms. "We also heard some of the conversation between the two of you in the gardens" Fili said. "You like our uncle" Kili said teasing me. "I do not" I said blushing. "Okay" Fili said and winked before the brothers walked out. I turned the light off and laid in my bed thinking about what happened. Even though Thorin was a stubborn dwarve, he had captured my heart.