𝖬𝖸 𝖢𝖮𝖴𝖲𝖨𝖭 𝖭𝖠𝖬𝖨𝖪𝖮

the following contains toxic behavior involving a family member. trigger warning is ensued.
reader's discretion is adviced.

Everyone probably has that one family member. You know, the type where whenever it is announced that they are visiting from somewhere, most of the family members either roll their eyes or groan because of how crazy or stressful they are.

Yeah, that one.

And Jisoo has one, sadly.

Namiko Honda was Jisoo's cousin on her mother's side. She was her Aunt Renji's ( one of the five sisters Tatsu have ) daughter.

And since the Honda Family is super weathly, Namiko grew up in wealth.

While Jisoo didn't exactly grow up in a fancy home or anything like that, she did have a nice home by the beach and with a comfortable financial position.

Her dad made good money with his Boxing gyms and her mom also made good money as a translator and a Kendo fighting instructor.

So she could say she was okay. Nothing overly rich.

Besides, she didn't need riches to be happy.

But for some reason, everytime Namiko and Jisoo were in the same room, she would feel the need to be competitive with Jisoo.

Ever since they were little girls, Namiko would always play with her but it always followed up a string of backhanded compliments, she was always pushed aside when her friends were around. She told her friends that Jisoo was her poor and blind cousin who didn't know much about anything.

Just so her friends would pity her. Unaware that Jisoo spoke fluent japanese at the tender age of 5.

Everytime Jisoo shared her achievements with that side of the family, Namiko would get upset with all of the praises she was receiving. Especially when it came from her mom and dad.

So she would try and advert the attention from her by saying something embarrassing just so Jisoo could feel bad or she would act out.

And that only continued early on when Jisoo became a trainee.

When Jisoo told her Grandpa Hidetashi and Grandmother Junko, they were super happy about it but after telling Namiko the news, as always, it was followed by a backhanded compliment.

"Wow, that's good! At least you didn't humiliate yourself much, huh?"

Now, Jisoo knows what you're thinking. Why is she letting her get away with all of this?

Well, Jisoo is a kind soul and shes very family oriented. She never wanted to split her family apart because of her own dislike in her cousin so she takes it with a grain of salt.

Besides, she's been called worse by strangers.

Now, on a sunny morning, Jisoo's phone went off.

With a lot of things being cancelled due to the virus ( which is rapidly decreasing in South Korea, thank god ), many kpop groups have stopped most of their activities in order to prevent anyone from being sick.

BTS, included.

Which meant they had some free time on their hands before their tour started.

Jisoo planned on staying at the dorm and redecorating her recording studio but her mother's phone call seemed urgent.

"Hello, mom." Jisoo said, carefully pouring herself some ginger tea.

"Hello, baby!" Tatsu said, in her usual cheerful manner. "I'm sorry for calling you so early, my love."

"No, its fine." She reassured, placing the hot teapot back onto the stove. Thank God she was wearing her airpods. "How come you're calling so early?"

"Now, don't freak out but your cousin Namiko is here,"

As soon as she said her name, Jisoo nearly dropped her favorite glass mug. Resisting the urge to scream, she sighed before speaking again.

"For how long?"

"Just for three week." Tatsu replied. "Soosoo, I know how she can be a bit. . . vain but she is your cousin and she is gonna want to have her favorite cousin show her around Seoul."

Favorite cousin? More like her favorite punching bag. Jisoo bitterly though as she sat down on the couch.

"I don't know."

"Its just for three weeks and then you can decided if you want to still be associated with her. Trust me, I completely understand."

Jisoo felt frustrated and discouraged. She knew some day she was going to see her again but she was also find with staying away from her.

Because besides the standoffish attitude and mean comments, she also liked getting her into trouble.

Something would happen but she would always put the blame on Jisoo. And most times, it was her fault. But if Jisoo tried to say that, there will be hell to pay.

She only puts up with her because she loves her Aunt Renji. And she was always happy to see them together. She never wanted to break her heart.

"Okay, I'll keep an eye on her."

"Thank you, my love." Tatsu thanked sincerely, knowing how difficult this would be for her. "Now I got to get Mina to school, Papa sends his love."

"Love you, too." Jisoo mumbled, hanging up.

With a loud sigh, Jisoo somehow knew this was going to be a long three weeks.