𝟎:𝟓𝟑

-The next day ..
Mekai POV

I got out of my bed & walked downstairs to get something to eat before I got ready for school. My mom was sitting on the couch & looked up at me as I walked past her.

"Hey Mekai. Do me a favor?"
"Fasho. Wassup ma?"
"Be nice to Milan. That's still your sister. No matter what you feel towards her.
I laughed , "Yea aight."
"I'm for real Kai. Whatever "beef" y'all got, drop it. I hate seeing y'all mad at each other. This is between your father & I. Don't take it out on each other."
"She left us, because SHE was the one causing the problems. That doesn't make sense."
"Okay? People make mistakes."
"Aw shit. Here you go defending her. It's like you see no wrong in her actions."
"First of all, watch ya mouth & second of all of course I see wrong in her actions , but I'm not going to hold that's against her , because she's my daughter."
"And I glad you're not, but I'm not gon be so forgiving with her. Unlike y'all.."
I didn't even feel like eatin no more , so I walked upstairs & got in the shower before anybody else did.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Maleah! Let's go !" I yelled from the steps. I always take her to school & she's constantly taking her sweet lil time like time just gon stop for her. "I'm comin!" She yelled back.

Before I walked to the door Milan stopped me in my tracks & said "Hey Kai.. can you take me to school? Ion got enough gas to take me there and back."

"Sucks for you, but nah. Ion have no room."
"For ya own sister?"
"Did I not just say I didn't have room?"

"Mekai. Stop being an ass. Take her to school." My mom snapped at me.

I rolled my eyes , "Gah damn. Come on!"

I already don't wanna be around Milan. Now I gotta drive her to school too? ..
________________________
With Maleah in the car , it wasn't as awkward. That is until I dropped her off at school. I didn't wanna talk to Milan , but she broke the silence.

"Look , Mekai. Whatever you're mad at me for just drop it. Please ? I hate being around you when I can literally feel the tension between us."
"Milan.. ion really give a fuck. For real. I'm tired of you tryna be the innocent one in shit. You're the reason mom & dad are always on bullshit with each other & you know that. You shoulda stayed over there with his ass cuz ion want you ova here."

"I can't believe you're really sitting here talking to me like I'm your damn enemy. I'm your SISTER Mekai. Your TWIN sister. We should be closer than ever, but nooo you're treating me like shit. I think I've gone through enough!"

I laughed , "here you go again. It's always what you go through. Think about somebody else for once ! It's not always about you Milan. Like what can't you get thru ya head ?"

"I'm sorry. For whatever I did.."
"For whatever you did? I just told you what the fuck you did. You pissin me off. For real..you don't listen."

It was straight silence from there. All the way tiller walked is to school & went our separate ways.

"Yoo! Mekai.. I ain't know yo fine ass sister was comin back." Deuce said as he dapped me up

"Chill out & me either. It's not like I want her here anyway. She can go back for all I care."
"Damn son.. why you bein so hard on lil mama?"
"Don't pity her. She always tryna act like the victim in some shit.. she honestly pisses me off. Wish she would've never came back down here."
"You speakin on yo sister like you hate her. That ain't coo G, but ima catch you later. Ya girl comin over here."

"Ight.. bet." I turned around & Ciara walked up to me and gave me a hug

"Hey lil daddy"
"Wassup baby.."
"I see yo dog ass sister back in town.."
"Yo.. chill out on her."
"Boy bye. Weren't you just doggin her ass like.. last week?"
"Yea. Buh that's my sister , so I can."
"Mhm okay. What you doin after school."
"I got practice."
She rolled her eyes , "Fuck yo practice. Come practice in me.."
I laughed , "you know I'd love to. Buh I gotta game on Friday. Coach gon be on my ass if ion show."
"Ughhh. What's the point of fuckin we each other if we barely see one another."
"I was just with yo ass last week. Stop buggin."
"Yea that's last week. I want you to myself this week too , Bae."
"I gotchu after practice. I'll come scoop you."
"For real? Bet."
"Bet.."
She smiled at me & walked off. I smiled back & then walked to my 1st period class. Couldn't wait till this shit ended..
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Milan POV
"Oh.. my ... gosh.. Bitch! You didn't tell me you we're coming back!" Danae said to me when I walked in the class.
I laughed at her being so loud , "surpriseee !"
"I'm definitely surprised. How'd ya dad take the news ?"
"He wasn't fuckin with it , but he complied since he knew that's what I wanted to do."
"I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you."
"I missed you too. So what-"
My phone buzzed before I could finish my sentence. I cheesed real big , because Meech texted me, saying :

: I miss you ova here shordy. Ik it ain't been that long buh I was so used to seeing you everyday. Come back & see me this weekend so we can do sumn. Ion care what. I'm just tryna see ya face. Love you ❤️!

"Oo girl. Who got you cheesing at ya phone like that?"
"Oh. It's just Meech."
"Meech?! Y'all talk?"
"You could say we talkin.."
"Aww babyyy! I'm so happy for youuu!"
"I said we talkin ! Nothin more.."
"You so damn stubborn. Just say y'all dating. It's so easy."
"But we not dating.."
"Whatever you say pooh.."
I swear this bitch think she know everything ..
I do not fuck with Meech like that..
—————————————
-At home
I was in my room doin my homework & FaceTiming Meech.
Ik ! Ik ! Ik! What I said before ..and I still stand on that. I was just ... bored.

"You so damn fine yo.. I just wanna-"
"Uhn Uhn. Got too much dip on ya chip , baby."
He laughed , "I'm for real.. when you gon stop playin?"
"What you mean? .. I'm not playin."
"Cmon Lani. We both Wanna be with each other. We know that already.. so what's stoppin you?"
"Honest ?"
"Thats what I'm here for."
"I'm not tryna be hurt again. That's all.."
"You know me well enough to know that I would never hurt you Milan. You know that .."
"I know.."
"exactly. So let's just put it out there that we wanna be together."
"I do wanna be with you , but-"
"No buts. We together. Ion wanna hear no excuses."
"Well.. I guess so.."

Not how I was planning it at all , but at the same time I know Meech wouldn't hurt me .. it's just... I didn't wanna take any chances ..