𝟎:𝟔𝟐

-Continued ...

I instantly began to panic. Meech grabbed my hand and we ran downstairs & followed the crowd to try & leave.
Since it was so packed in there , everyone was panicking & we couldn't get out as fast as we wanted to.

The shots continued to fire & all I could think about was if Danae was okay & that I should've listened to Mekai...

I was so focused on trying to get out of the house that I didn't notice that Meech wasn't holding my hand anymore.

"MEECH?!" I turned back around and tried to get through the crowd to get to Meech. I couldn't see him anywhere. I started to worry & instantly started to think about the worse.

I knew running back wasn't smart but I didn't give a fuck. I ran back & found Meech lying on the floor. He had got shot , not too bad , but he was still in pain. I couldn't just stand there , because the mfs shooting were still in there. I tried my hardest to get Meech up and run out with him , but I couldn't do it alone.

"LANI!" I looked up & Danae was running towards me. She helped me pick up Meech & we rushed him to Danae's car & drove off.
______________________________
.............
We stayed in the waiting room as Meech was in the hospital bed. I knew he was gonna be fine , but I couldn't stop my mind from racing and thinking about what could've happened to him & how it could've been way worse ..

I looked to my right after I heard heels running down the hall. I looked up & seen my mama running in with Mekai.

I don't know how she even knew we were here , but I'm glad she's here.

"Oh my babies , are yall okay?!" She said while bending down to hug Danae & I.

"Yes , mama. We're fine. It Meech that we're here for. He ended up getting shot."

"Does his mama know?"

"Ion know.. his mama & him not on speaking terms.."

"Well she needs to get here."

"Mama ion think he wanna see her-"

"Milan , it doesn't matter. She needs to know if her son is okay or not."

She walked off as she dialed her number. I sighed , because I already know Meech prolly gon be mad at me when he see his mama walk in.
___________________________
An hour went by & Meech's mom showed up. She walked in & I could tell she had an attitude.
"Where the fuck is my son?" She said with her arms crossed.

I really didn't expect nothing less from her honestly ..

"We're just waiting on the doctor's approval to see him."

"He wouldn't be in this predicament if it wasn't for-... you know what? Let me not."

"Uhm .. if it wasn't for what , Ms. Erica?" I turned to her & said.

"If it wasn't for y'all lil "relationship", Milan.  He probably only went to the party cause he knew you was gon be there."

"And you know this , because you keep tabs on your "son" & know him very well , right? No disrespect to the mother of my boyfriend , but you will not sit here & put this shit on me. I won't let you."

"First of all lil miss thing , don't try & sit here & play me like I'm not a good mother to my son."

"Do I need to let you know the things YOU put your own son through or .. you already know?"

"Bitch I know damn well-"

My mama stepped in before I could say anything , "Excuse you? First of all , Erica , you're a grown ass woman so you will not go back and forth with my CHILD & second of all , you know ion play bout my kids so watch ya mouth or ima show you what a real "bitch" look like. Now , you're here for your son. Nothing else , so stop foolin the fuck around."

Erica rolled her eyes & sat down.
Now I see exactly why Meech don't fuck with her.

We were outside of Meech's room for another 45 minutes & the doctor finally walked over to us.

"Alright , so , Thankfully Demetri is doing fine. The bullet didn't do too much damage , so , he should be free to go home tomorrow."

I sighed with relief ..
"Thank God. Can we see him?"

"That's the other thing I came out here for, he said the first person he wanted to see was ... Milan?"
"Yea , that's me."

Erica stood up , "he didn't ask to see his mother ?.."

"Um no , but after Milan is out I'm sure you can go on in.."

She smacked her lips & sat back down.
I grabbed my bag & walked into the room.

Meech slightly turned to look at me & let out a little smile.

"Wassup sexy?"

I rolled my eyes & smiled , "you can flirt later.. I'm just glad you're okay."

"Shit me too.."

"You know I love you , right?"

He laughed , "Duh , Milan. Why?"

"Just saying that , because I know that when I tell you this ... you gon get mad."

"Nothin could upset me right now.."

"You saying that for now..."

"So, you gon tell me wassup?"

"Fine... ya mama out there."

"Fuck you mean?"

"What you think I mean , Meech?"

"Ion wanna see her.."

"Demetri , that's yo mother you can't-"

"I can't what , Milan? I'm not finna speak to her goofy ass. You knew we wasn't on speaking terms.."

"I wasn't the one that called her. It was my mama. I told her y'all not on the best of terms right now , but she didn't care & now , I agree with her."

"You agree with her ?.."

"Yes , because at the end of the day that's yo mama. Even though she just pissed me off out there .. that's still yo mama."

"Pissed you off ? What she do?"

"Blaming all this shit on me, but I'm not tripping , because-"

"Nah fuck that. See .. this the exact reason why I ain't want her ass up here. Always causing problems & shit."

"I'm not trippin so you shouldn't either. At least talk to her , please."

"Milan , you don't even know the half of what her ass put me through .. I'm not finna talk to her. She gon try & convince me to come back home & allat . I'm not talkin to her. Tell her I said wassup or sum."

I rolled my eye , because I knew he wasn't gon even try to see her. I just let it go cuz i knew I wasn't bouta win that fight..