Chapter 3

Jesy kept looking at her girl's wrist band in order to ensure that she was doing okay. It never changed from showing that she was anxious as she moved. The fact that people kept staring at them as they walked along probably didn't help either.

"Doing okay?" Jesy asked her as they approached the office.

Leigh looked at her. "Yeah. Just a little nervous. New place and all that." She smiled a little.

Jesy nodded as she opened the door to the school's office and then entered with the girl.

The first person they met was the secretary. The woman looked to be playing on her phone.

Jesy couldn't believe these people. "Um . . . excuse me?"

The woman looked up in boredom.

Jesy was now waiting for the lady to realize who they were.

The lady groaned and then started to say something loudly. "The tickets to more exposure are here!"

Jesy frowned and so did Leigh. They then exchanged looks as the dean came forward looking a little frazzled.

"Huh? Huh? Tickets to what?" The man laughed as he patted the secretary on her back. His face was a tad bit red. A tall man he was. A tall and slender white man with white hair atop his head and a white beard on his face. He seemed to be wearing a gold chain around the collar of his suit. "Tickets to . . . these aren't tickets Brenda, they're people." He smiled at the girls.

Brenda did not seem to care.

The man lifted a section of the desk separating the secretary from the girls and then went out to meet them. "Jesy Nelson, Dr Leigh-Anne Pinnock. Hi."

Jesy smiled tightly. "Hi . . . um . . ."

"Dean Roberts. I am the dean of this school and I am so happy that you have chosen Mendel's University to prepare you for your A-level exams. I mean they're quite close about now so you'll have extra work to do but I'm sure that you'll be quite fine." Dean Roberts seemed sure. He started to lead them out of the office, as if going to give them a tour around.

When they stepped into the hall Leigh started looking around for anyone who might want to attack them with harsh questions again.

"I hope you're school is good Robby 'cause if I fail, my lavish life is at stake. I mean obviously they can't keep me away from my job for long but I feel like I may get suspended for a year or something. They'd probably send me to rehab or juvie as punishment." Jesy remembered how angry Rihanna had seemed. I embarrassed her. People had been asking Rihanna about Jesy on interviews. That must have been annoying.

Leigh-Anne looked at Jesy and then the man as they started walking down the hall. She then pinched Jesy.

"Ow." Jesy looked at her. "What?" She whispered.

"Don't call him that Jesy. He's Dean Roberts to you."

Jesy groaned but decided to listen to her girl. "Sorry, Dean Roberts." She smiled at the man.

Dean Roberts smiled back. "Trust me Jesy Nelson. This school is good. We have some of the best lecturers in England here. Qualified people who not only know their topics of lectures but also a bit about teaching. Eh? Eh? That makes your life easier don' it? Usually lecturers can't teach at all." He laughed.

Jesy nodded. "So I've heard."

Leigh-Anne saw people staring at them but she tried to remain calm. "So you'll be able to make sure that Jesy does well Dean Roberts?"

"Of course." The man said with certainty. "And if anything seems hard we'd be able to detect it through your test scores and you'll be offered extra classes by some of our top students. They know what they're about as well."

Bucket Hat 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें