Chapter 26

After school Jesy was leaving the building with their cheerleading friends, laughing away.

"And then I said; I'm f*cking rich and awesome is why!" Jesy ended her joke with a cackle.

The older girls laughed heartily because Jesy was funny when she acted stuck up. If it was anyone else it would be annoying but she was Jesy so she was cute.

"Why have you got such a big head though?" Amaya smacked Jesy upside the head.

"Ow!" Jesy rubbed the affected area while pouting at her. She was heading towards the bench that she and Leigh usually waited for Sairah on. "Because I'm incredible is why." She smirked.

Claire shook her head. "You're lucky you're cute." She found herself behind Jesy and started to massage her shoulders as they moved to the bench.

Jesy was enjoying this. "Oh yeah, that's the spot." She had thought that today would be complete and utter crap since Leigh wouldn't be around but as the day progressed it got easier and easier. Leigh had messaged their older friends to ensure that they spent time with Jesy when they all had free periods and when they weren't around she had a male friend to keep her company. Her guy friends from back in the day even sent her messages to check on her. Man Buck is so good to me. She could cry! Today had been awesome!

Her phone buzzed in her pocket as she got to the bench and she pulled it out quickly, hoping it was Bucket. "Guys it's her!" She waved her phone high and then sat to see what was sent to her. "Aww look!" She showed her friends Leigh's ice cream selfie along with the picture of the girl's toy bunny in a trolley.

"Aww! Leigh is sooo cute!" They were all squealing.

Jesy shook up herself happily as the girls found themselves sitting with her. "Aw man I didn't take a lot of selfies today to send to her. Wish I had something to send back but . . ." She shrugged and then typed a message to her girl saying that she found her adorable.

"Don't worry Jesy we're gonna make sure that you stay relaxed while Leigh isn't here alright?" Claire rubbed her hand up and down Jesy's thigh.

"Yup we are. We are your keepers Jessica and we take our roles VERY seriously!" Robin hopped to her feet. "NO ONE IS GOING TO MAKE JESY FEEL LIKE SHIT THIS WEEK! NO ONE!"

A lot of people stared.

Miranda dragged her back down to sit. "I think we should also make it our job to ensure that not too much attention is drawn to Jesy as well. I mean we don't want the media up her ass."

"Oh yeah." Robin stood again. "NEVER MIND!"

They all groaned.

Jesy laughed. "Ahh feels good to just sit around with my favourite hot babes . . . who I am in a totally platonic relationship with by the way." Her eyes darted around to see if anyone was starting to think that she was hooking up with several girls at once while Leigh was gone.

Claire laughed. "I think everyone's cooled off you a bit so don't worry too much okay?"

Jesy blushed as she felt Claire fix her hair a bit for her. I like affection. And she felt really loved around Claire these days. She had been the one to talk her out of her destructive thinking when she'd been worried about Leigh to the point where she had been having dissociative episodes.

"So have you started studying for midterms next week Jes?" Amaya asked her.

"Oh well I only realized they were next week today so yeah I have started studying." Jesy sighed. "But based on my grades so far it seems like I'm gonna need more than a week to study." She opened her backpack and pulled out the test papers she'd gotten back.