Chapter 13

By the time they got back Jesy was exhausted. She had ended up falling asleep but it was only for the last ten minutes of the ride.

"Oh look who's home. I expected you lot to be back a bit later. It's only two p.m what happened?" Leigh's mum said in the kitchen as she watched them file in. She was drying dishes.

"We got a little run in with the paps and it got a bit out of hand. I was going to take the girls out for some ice cream but I didn't wanna risk it. We got crowded a bit." Said the father. He went up to his wife and kissed her forehead. "Day didn't go as planned but I mean such is life." He smiled in the direction of the girls. "They seem worn out so I think they may be in bed for a little while."

"They must have been up for a while now so I expect them to be tired." Mrs. Pinnock was watching the girls as they moved through the kitchen.

"The fishing was fun." Jesy said in a slow voice.

"Yeah it was fun . . ." Leigh said. She waved at her mum. "I'm going upstairs now Mummy. I'll see you a little later." She went to the staircase and started walking up at a slow pace.

Jesy followed her.

Debbie felt kind of sorry for them. "Aww the paps won't give them a break." She said while staring as they moved to Leigh's room.

"Yeah it's horrible. We had a lot of fun fishing but I think they would have had even more fun having some ice cream but . . . alas . . ." John tsked. "Maybe next time I suppose."

"Yes when all of the attention is averted from them." Leigh's mum started putting her dishes away.

_______________

In Leigh's room Jesy was first to enter. As soon as she saw the bed she dove in and stayed there with a moan. "Oh God . . . when you're not expecting to be papped and mobbed it's even more tiring. Uggggh!" She grumbled.

Leigh-Anne stood in the doorway with half closed eyes and then began to rub her shoulder, her eyes opening up a bit more. "Mmm Jesy . . ."

Jesy rolled over to her back immediately. "What is it? Seizure?" She couldn't believe that she let her guard down a while ago. Leigh just went through a pretty anxiety inducing ordeal. Sure the girl mainly got seizures from sickness and lack of sleep but Jesy was not going to let one possibly catch her off guard. Stress can cause them too! 

Leigh-Anne shook her head as Jesy came up to her. She let the girl hold her arm as she tapped her forefingers together.

Jesy was confused. Leigh looked uncomfortable. "What's wrong babe?" She felt like toppling over from tiredness but she wouldn't let that happen while her Bucket was possibly ill.

"Can we . . ." Leigh's cheeks heated. "Can we go to my parents' room instead?" She sounded shy about asking this.

Now Jesy was even more lost. "Wh-what? Your parents . . . why? We got a nice bed here in your room and plus it brings back old memories." She smiled in sleepy and then pointed to the bed. "Remember when you used to show me your encyclopaedia there? That was fun wasn't it?" She thought of that and suddenly became kind of sad since she missed those old times when things weren't complicated. Not that I don't love my awesome rich goddess life but y'know.

"Well yeah Jesy but . . ." Leigh peaked at her bed and she saw her younger self having some sort of meltdown there. She was in her school uniform again so she knew that she had just come back from school. This time her uniform was covered with eggs . . . "Jesy I'm going to ask my mum if we can stay in my sister's room instead okay?" She brought her eyes to Jesy's to say this but then looked down at her feet.