Chapter 1: Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno had the brightest eye smile anyone had ever seen.

Everyone could feel a smile of their own creeping onto their face when he passed by in his own world, laughing along with something his friends said. Students could feel themselves longing to be apart of his world. A world where they could smile as easily as he did.

"I swear on my life he snorted milk through a straw into his nose." Mark cried as he wiped the tears beginning to form out of his eyes.

"Only Lucas." Jeno managed to stumble out as he leaned on Mark for support. It was hard not to be able to see when you smiled. "How did your study session turn so wrong?"

"It's Lucas, it wasn't a study session anyways." The smaller Canadien boy shrugged with a laid back smile. Jeno just nodded his head in acknowledgment. It was a pretty self-explanatory statement.

Jeno adjusted the strap of his backpack hanging off of his shoulder and glanced around the hallway of the tiny university. It wasn't a huge campus but it had somehow felt right when he had first come to tour the place as he was deciding where to go. So here he was.

This specific university had provided a good business track and Jeno had found himself intrigued. He would never tell any of his friends but he was thinking of pursuing a small business. More specifically a café. He loved the smell of coffee just as much as he enjoyed speaking and helping other people.

"Dude, where am I going?" Jeno's thoughts were interrupted as Mark nudged his shoulder and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "I don't even know if I have classes today."

Jeno gave Mark a pat on the head and shook his head, leading Mark to look down at the ground with a confused expression, then back at Jeno. "Wait, if you knew I didn't have classes, why didn't you tell me when I came to get you this morning?" Jeno gave Mark his best eye smile as Mark looked at him incredulously.

"Look we're already at my class for today. See you later." Jeno laughed as Mark still looked confused.

"Wait, I really don't have classes today?" Was the question that followed Jeno as he walked into his business management class. His eyes immediately drifted to the middle of the classroom where his seat was and landed on bright blue hair. He made his way through the other clumps of students and sat down next to the young boy.

"Hyung did you hear what Lucas did with Mark last night?" Jisung said wide-eyed, leaning towards the other boy with an energetic smile on his face.

"Jisung you make it sound like something completely different happened." Jeno laughed as Jisung looked confused before his face suddenly turned red.

"That's obviously not what I meant! I mean you know Mark had a thing for that guy from the media department. You know, the one that runs the school radio." Jeno sighed and nodded.

"Of course, he's pretty popular. Not to mention very loud." Jeno laughed, grabbing his iPad to take notes on.

"Yeah, anyways-" Jisung started to ramble about the Lucas story and Jeno nodded his head like he was paying attention. His mind started to wander off until it came to a specific thought that he had just remembered.

"Jisung what happened with that guy you were drooling over last week?" Jeno turned his head to see a bright-faced Jisung who looked completely off guard.

"W-what guy?" Jisung choked out before his eyes glinted with realization and his face light up. "Ah, the shorter guy from the computer science program? The one with the green hair? Yeah well, I bumped into him after class and he told me to watch where I was going." Jisung rambled, quieting down a little bit at the end, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Do you want me to fight him for you, I'll do it." Jeno offered with a joking smile and Jisung hit his arm. "Okay okay, no fighting on the schedule for today."

He said ruffling his friend's hair as the teacher walked into class, chugging down his coffee before starting the lesson for the day.

__________________________

Class ended and Jisung slammed his head onto his desk scaring some of the students nearby.

"Someone throw me off a cliff." Jisung groaned as he rubbed his head and Jeno laughed.

"Double suicide?" Jeno offered as the two of them headed out the classroom door towards Mark's dorm room. The latter was probably moping that he lost valuable sleep time by getting up. They wandered through the hallway, not noticing the other student staring at them pass.

They exited the building and Jeno took a deep breath of the crisp October air, drawing his jacket closer around him as though it would help to fend off the cold. Jisungs rambling filled up his head as the two made their way to Mark's building which somehow felt farther away than usual.

"Hyung can we please get coffee." Jisung pleaded as they neared the university coffee shop. Jeno nodded his head, in desperate need of some form of warmth. They entered the popular cafe and both took a deep inhale as warmth and the fresh scent of coffee washed over them.

Jeno took a glance around the shop noticing several couples taking up tables and one pink-haired boy sitting in the corner immersed in what looked like a sketchbook. The two made their way to the growing line and left about 10 minutes later, gripping onto their drinks like a lifeline.

They made it to Mark's dorm room in record time, busting open his door. Jisung scrambled to Mark's bed and dove into the covers as Jeno threw out their cups and went to join Jisung.

The two huddled under the covers as they began to defrost. When they started to feel their toes they heard the door open and stared at the person who was staring back at them.

"Make yourselves comfortable I guess." Mark's roommate Taeyong sighed as he looked at the two heads poking out of the blankets on Mark's bed. "He ran off to grab food for lunch. I suggest you text him to tell him if you guys want anything."

Jisung whipped his head towards Jeno and mustered his best puppy eyes. Jeno signed before grabbing his phone and pulling up Mark's contact, "Panicked Gay #1."

After texting Mark, Jeno and Jisung snuggled into the covers more, occasionally glancing at Taeyong who was typing away on his computer with his headphones in.

They didn't have to wait too long as Mark soon burst through the doors, heaving hard and rubbing his hands vigorously together. Mark smiled at Taeyong who nodded back and placed the hot food on his desk before throwing himself onto his tiny dorm bed.

"Move over you thots it's cold as shit out there."

____________________________
Hey you guys and welcome to my story! I would put emojis down but I'm typing on my computer so I'll put a little smiley face :)

I really hope you guys enjoy and I'll try to update as fast as possible (while still producing good content of course)

Thank you for reading!