Chapter 39: Lee Jeno

Lee Jeno had the brightest eye smile anyone had ever seen. As he walked in the hallways of Neo Zone University everyone could feel a smile of their own creeping on their face when he passed by in his own world, laughing along with something his friends said. Students could feel themselves longing to be apart of his world, a world where they could smile as easily as he did.

"I swear on my life he really tripped in front of Chenle." Mark cried as he wiped the tears leaking out of his eyes.

"Only Jisung." Jeno managed to stumble out as he leaned on Mark for support. It was hard not to be able to see when you smiled. "How did he even explain why he was outside his classroom?"

"You'll never get this, he told Chenle that he wanted to hang out!" The smaller Canadien boy exclaimed excitedly and Jeno felt his mouth dropped open.

"No way! Our Jisung?" Jeno could barely believe this. Jisung was so shy and he'd been crushing on Chenle for forever. Jeno felt a small pang in his heart at the idea. Mark was already dating Haechan from the radio broadcast and now Chenle and Jisung we're getting together? He hit himself internally for being jealous when Jisung was literally making his move on the boy he had been staring at since he had started university.

"Did you hear what Huang Renjun did over the weekend?" A whisper floated into his ear and Jeno stopped walking, curiosity taking over. Mark looked at him questioningly.

"Who's Huang Renjun?" He whispered to Mark and Mark thought for a second before snapping his fingers and pulling Jeno to the side, out of the way of passing students rushing to get to class.

"He's the kid from the art department! He's got tons of rumors surrounding him. Things like how he deals drugs and murders people!" Mark gossiped very seriously, adjusting the glasses on his face, and Jeno was kind of taken aback. Were these rumors really true?

For some odd reason, he didn't really think that this Renjun guy could be so bad. I mean, no guy who was in the art department of college could possibly murder someone. Well, he never knew what anyone was capable of. Something irked him about the boy's name and he wondered if he had heard it somewhere before. Possibly other rumors or maybe he had seen some work that the boy had done. He paused and he ghosted his fingers over his hip bone, something itching at the back of his head as he frowned, deep in thought about this mysterious art student.

"Dude what?" Mark's voice brought him back and he blinked looking at Mark's worried face. "Did you hurt your hip or something?" Jeno shook his head, confused as to why.

"No, why?"

"Well, you were kind of just touching it tenderly," Mark explained and then gasped loudly. Jeno jumped and looked around alarmed.

"What, what?" Jeno grabbed Mark's shoulders as he felt his anxiety spike at the older's alarm. Was Mark having a heart attack or something?

"Jeno I need you to tell me the truth," Mark asked seriously and Jeno was so confused at the older's words. Mark leaned closer and Jeno panicked. Was Mark about to kiss him? Mark had a boyfriend!

"Do you have a secret tattoo?"

Jeno paused.

"A WHAT," Jeno yelled incredulously, drawing the stares of a couple of straggling students. Mark shook his head as Jeno drew back with a look of embarrassment on his face. Was Mark insane? Jeno would never get a tattoo in his life.

"Don't act so shocked Jeno, I know you went to NCITY tattoo parlor and got a tattoo," Mark sighed in disappointment and Jeno sputters. "I can't believe you didn't tell me and Jisung about your rebellious behavior. We could have been there to support you! Did you get a mystery tattoo? Did someone dare you?"