Chapter 25: Huang Renjun

"I just have to say, this is literally your worse idea ever," Renjun grumbled as he sat cross-legged on the floor of the parlor across from Jaemin who was rubbing his head as if to will a headache away.

"Listen, it's all going to be worth it okay?" Jaemin looked at the grumbly Renjun with a sympathetic look, "Plus, he's fine. I asked Jisung and Mark how Jen was and they said he was still smiling and making jokes."

"But that doesn't mean he's doing okay when he's away from them!" Renjun argued and flopped down onto his back.

"You guys are going to ruin your relationship," Ten piped up from behind the desk, earning a snappish 'shut up' from both boyfriends sitting on the floor.

It had been close to a month and a half since Jaemin had formulated the plan to get Jeno (and themselves) matching rings. Of course, Renjun let Jaemin pick out the rings and he had to pick out the most expensive rings he could.

Renjun genuinely didn't know how Jaemin had talked him into working overtime at the tattoo parlor to get the money as fast as they could. Or how he got him to continue with the plan when Renjun had started to realize how Jeno was being affected by the 'plan'. Renjun had grown a bit irritable and had regretted it immensely when he realized how rude his texts were to Jeno but before he could apologize either Sicheng or Jaemin dragged him away from his phone to get back to work.

At the end of the day, he was so exhausted that he always forgot to text Jeno back.

Renjun almost told Jaemin to shove the whole plan up his ass when Jeno stopped sleeping and coming back to the dorm. But Jaemin continued to remind him that they were almost done.

So now Jaemin and Renjun were sitting on the floor of the tattoo parlor close to 3 am with money stacks in front of them as they counted the sum up. Today was their target goal and Renjun was almost 100 percent sure that they had enough to finally buy these forsaken rings.

"HAHA, $4,200!" Jaemin jumped to his feet and starting to jump up and down, "We got enough!"

Renjun jumped to his feet too, eyes widened in shock and he looked Jaemin right in the eyes before yelling and joining Jaemin in jumping up and down.

"Okay okay," Renjun started after they calmed down, "the jewelry store opens around 11 am tomorrow so we can go in then. I already have them saving them for us in the back so we don't have to worry that they sold them already." Jaemin was nodding along excitedly, a smile shown brightly across his face.

"Oh thank God," Ten said and they looked over at the receptionist who was worriedly looking at the two, "you better get to Jeno as soon as possible and stop torturing the poor boy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's already decided to break up with the two of you."

Renjun stilled at that.

Jeno wouldn't break up with them? Right?

He looked over at Jaemin who also held a worried expression.

"Don't worry, Jeno loves us too much. Plus like I said before, Jisung and Mark said he was still bubbly." Jaemin reassured and Renjun grumbled, lightly hitting Jaemin's arm.

"You better be right Nana," Renjun smiled and started to place the money into an envelope. "Let's go back to the dorm, I'm tired." Jaemin nodded and the two bid Ten a quick goodbye before heading off.

The two lovers headed towards Renjun's dorm hand in hand. Jaemin placed a surprising kiss on Renjun's head, causing the latter to turn to him.

"I love you Renjun," Jaemin's random confession startled him and he felt his face start to heat up.