Chapter 3: Lee Jeno

"Did you guys hear that Huang Renjun from the art department killed someone?"

Jeno and Jisung looked at each other first, and then at Mark who was laying on the edge of the bed gripping Jeno so he wouldn't fall off. Mark stared back.

"What?" Jisung said, wanting to facepalm himself but not wanting to take his hands out from under the warm comforter.

"Who?" Jeno asked, looking between the two of them with a confused look on his face.

"Oh yeah, I heard that he killed someone from these two people behind me in line while I was waiting to order the food." Said food was sitting neglected on Mark's desk as no one was willing to escape the warmth and grab it.

"That's a load of bullshit Mark," Jisung scoffed and shifted so he was curled into Jeno's side, "There is no way he killed someone, he's too cute." Mark put a thoughtful expression on his face and shrugged when he couldn't find a flaw in Jisung's logic.

"Can someone please tell me who this cute but deadly guy is." Jeno huffed, pouting as he drew Mark and Jisung closer to him.

"Well he's from the art department and supposedly he's a really shady character. There are a lot of rumors going around that he's some kind of drug dealer or thug. I really don't know how long these rumors have been spreading though." Jisung explained and Mark cut in.

"I think they started a year or two ago when he beat up that one student," Mark added and Jisung nodded his head vigorously, showing his clear agreement.

"Well, why did he beat up that student?" Jeno questioned, not wanting to believe that this stranger beat up someone for no reason. The two boys that were curled into his arms shrugged, not providing an answer.

"So are you guys gonna eat that food or can I?" Taeyong interrupted, pointing at the abandoned food on Mark's desk. Mark and Jisung quickly bound up to snatch the food and started to rummage through whose were whose but Jeno stayed laying down.

Why do I feel so intrigued by this kid? Jeno wondered about the mystery art student before a pack of chips came flying at his face.

__________________________

It was the next day and Jeno was comfortably seated at a table with Mark and Jisung in the Neo Zone University cafe.

Well, comfortably was a bit of a stretch. At least for Jeno.

"Please Jeno you're no fun," Jisung whined and Mark nodded his head.

"Come on, It's not every day we're invited to go to THE Nakamoto Yuta's house for a party." Mark also whined, bringing his hands up in a begging position.

"I don't like parties, parties are too loud and all people do is have sex," Jeno complained, steadfast and stubborn in his decision.

"Please Jeno we won't ask you to do anything else and you wouldn't want to leave us by ourselves at the party. We could get raped! Or drugged! You wouldn't want that to happen to us!" Jisung argued and Mark shook his head looking at Jeno with a disappointed expression.

"There is no way I am going to this party, you guys are old enough to look after yourselves."

"We'll be responsible!" The two chorused together.

________________________

"Alright let's party!" Mark yelled as he dragged Jisung up to Yuta's open door.

"Responsible my ass," Jeno muttered as he reluctantly followed after the two grinning boys. As soon as he crossed the door frame into the house he felt dizzy. The stench of alcohol overwhelmed him and the blasting music hurt his eardrums. "Jeez, the music is this loud is so you can't hear your fucking thoughts." He complained and then realized that was probably the fucking point.