Chapter 9: Lee Jeno

Jeno, Mark, and Jisung were sprawled out all over Mark's dorm room. Mark was sitting at his desk with papers covering the entire surface and his hands buried in his hair. Jisung laying on his stomach on the floor between Mark and Taeyong's beds, his chin resting on his hands as he frowned at his economics project.

As for himself, Jeno was seated on Mark's bed with his back pressed against the wall. His computer rested on his crossed legs and he constantly glanced from the papers next to him and he copied down the information down into a group project slide. His neck had started to cramp up from looking down so much so he turned his head up to stare at the ceiling, taking a small mental break.

"Hey, Mark what time was that radio broadcast that you wanted to listen to?" Jisung remarked offhandedly and Mark's head snapped up whipping to stare at his desk clock.

"Shit, it's starting in five minutes, thanks for reminding me Jisungie." Mark started to scramble his papers around before turning to fumble with his phone.

"The person speaking is the one he likes right?" Jeno looked down to ask Jisung and Jisung responded with a nod.

"Yeah, I think his name is Lee Donghyuck but his radio name is Haechan. I don't know why though." Jisung responded, frowning again at his last sentence.

"There's no real reason but Hae means "sun" while Chan means "full" so his radio name means "Full Sun." Isn't that so cute." Mark responded, turning to smile at the boys and they both raised their eyebrows at him. Mark frowned before clicking on a link and an audio screen popped up with a jazz song playing.

"Dude you've never even met him before," Jisung complained as he moved to a sitting position.

"You better zip it Jisung if you know what's good for you" Mark glared, "Now shut up, it's starting soon."

As soon as the words left Mark's mouth the music changed, starting to pick up until it sounded like a pop song.

"Hello Neo Zone University! I hope you're all doing well today. With a viewer rating of 35.7%, this is your host Haechan!

Haechan's unique voice filtered throughout Mark's dorm as Mark listened intently to every single word being spoken. Jeno and Jisung gave each other a look at Mark's behavior before laughing and starting to half-heartedly work on their projects while listening to the radio broadcast.

"Now last week I said I was bringing a special guest on and I know the anticipation has been killing you. So without further ado, I'll play our first song titled 'YESTODAY.' Please enjoy."

Mark groaned as Haechan left them in suspense but looked up surprisingly as Jeno and Jisung groaned too.

"Hey, I never said I didn't like his radio broadcast okay?" Jisung defended.

"He's got enthusiastic energy." Jeno shrugged when Mark looked at him.

"You better not get any ideas." Mark glared at the two as they all listened to the song filling the room with its cool and relaxing vibe. When the song ended all ears in the room perked up as Haechan's voice came back on.

"Wow, I love that song way too much for my own good. I can see my guest nodding in agreement. So without further interruptions caused by yours truly here's our guest for today, Na Jaemin our wonderful flirt!" Haechan chorused over the phone as familiar laughter filled Jeno's ears.

Jeno's eyes widened at the introduction and sat up straight looking intensely at Mark's phone completely ignoring the weird stares he was getting from the others.

"Hey Haechannie it's nice that you've finally let me onto your broadcast. It hurts that you've put me off for so long." Jaemin could be heard fake sniffling before laughing brightly. "Hello listeners, I'm Nana and I'm so happy to talk to all you cuties out there."