Chapter 28: Huang Renjun

We got that double update let's get it.

Renjun rubbed his lower back that ached in pain as he made his way across campus towards downtown. He let out a small groan as he massaged a particularly painful spot, cursing Jaemin and Jeno in his head.

The hot April sun beat down on him as he squinted through the sunlight. The air was dead today, it wasn't hot outside but it wasn't cold either. Just there.

The soft slap of his shoes hitting the pavement mixed with the chirping of the birds as he passed by groups of students.

"Did you see Jeno carrying him the other day? I wonder if he had to sleep with him, what a slut."

Renjun faltered, almost tripping over his feet at the comment that made his way into his ear as the group of girls passed by.

Wait what?

Was that really what people were thinking of him?

He shook his head and as he passed another group of students he kept his ears open to their conversation.

"Jeno's way too good for him."

"I know right, he literally looks so disgusting. He probably blackmailed him or something."

Their laughter echoed in Renjun's ears as he continued to walk on, his feet suddenly feeling heavy and every step was a struggle. He felt sick as he continued to walk, not bothering to listen to the rest of the students whispering as he trudged past.

Renjun felt tears print his eyelids as he stepped into the tattoo parlor, the chime of the bell greeting him.

"Hey Jun how are things going?" Ten asked and Renjun looked up at him with tears in his eyes. Ten immediately rose from behind his desk, concern and anger flashing through his eyes as he walked over to embrace the boy. "Shhh come into the backroom." Ten carefully led Renjun to the back.

Renjun sat down in one of the chairs and gratefully took the cookie Ten offered him. Ten pulled up a chair to sit next to him and placed a comforting hand on his thigh.

"Do you think I deserve them Ten?" Renjun finally asked after composing himself and he felt Ten jolt with surprise.

"Were kids spreading rumors again Junnie?" Ten asked softly and swore when Renjun shook his head.

"They said Jeno was too good for me and that I was a slut." Renjun felt his face heat up in shame and tears filled his eyes once again. He took a couple of deep breaths, trying to pull himself together.

"Renjun," Ten's fingers grabbed his chin so Renjun was looking directly at him, "kids spread rumors because they're jealous or insecure. You need to try your best to keep their opinions out of your love life or you'll ruin it for yourself. I know it makes you feel so horrible and I swear if I had some damn names those kids would not live to see the day," Ten ranted and Renjun let out a soft laugh. He saw Ten's eyes soften as he looked at Renjun. "All three of you deserve each other. You all need a certain amount of love and all three of you can give that love to each other. Don't doubt yourself Renjun."

Renjun smiled softly and nodded as Ten placed an almost parental like kiss on his forehead. Renjun's smile faltered and he looked up at Ten's questioning face warily.

"Can we maybe...not tell Jeno or Jaemin about this?" Renjun asked and at Ten's disapproving glare he raised his hands in defense. "I just don't want to worry them and if I really want to move on I don't need them hovering over me protectively everywhere we go, that's all!"

Ten gave a reluctant nod and Renjun smiled happily, standing up after finishing his cookie.

"I have a client coming in about 15 minutes, just send him to my room when he get here." Renjun smiled at Ten who also got up and nodded in confirmation. They walked down the hallway and just ask Renjun was about to enter his room he paused and turned to Ten who had also stopped.