Chapter 38: Lee Jeno

Jaemin died on November 2nd, 8 months after he started his treatment.

Renjun's screams of agony filled the hospital hallway and he collapsed on the floor, Jeno holding his body as he howled. Jeno couldn't scream. He couldn't drag himself out of the room, the past hour playing in his head on repeat.

"How are you feeling today? What about you without me?

It feels awkward that we, who were happy can no longer see each other.

It feels awkward that it's hard to accept the end."

Renjun soft voice cracked as he sang softly enough for Jaemin and Jeno to hear. Jeno was rubbing his thumbs over Jaemin's weak hand, holding it up to his mouth and placing soft kisses on it, not having the strength in himself to look into Jaemin's eyes.

Jaemin's last request was for Renjun to sing to him as he passed.

Jeno wasn't really sure how he was enduring this moment but he tried to relish in it, knowing it was Jaemin's last. The last Renjun and Jeno would spend with him.

"I love you
I love your words
I need you
I need your words"

Jeno heard Jaemin's shallow breaths and he finally brought himself to look at his boyfriend. His best friend. His lover. Someone who he couldn't possible live without.

"I cannot do it to you yet. Just stay on the wall and
think about our memories.
You, I'm sorry to you."

Renjun's honey like voice floated around the three of them creating a safe atmosphere as they waited. Jeno felt tears start to prick his eyelids as he started at Jaemin's teary face.

Jaemin was one of the most gorgeous person Jeno had ever seen, the other being Renjun.

Even with bags under his eyes, pale skin, and extremely close to death, Jaemin was stunning. Everything about him had Jeno enamored by him. His eyes, his nose, his lips.

"I-I don't want the night to come.
It is not bright even in the morning.

On every street I walked with you, we leave
memories behind."

Jeno reaches a shaky hand up to Jaemin's cheek, caressing it softly and loving his effect on Jaemin as the younger closed his eyes and a soft smile came onto his face. Jeno was trying so hard to be strong for the both of them but he could feel his insides shattering as he looked at that small, watery smile on Jaemin's perfect face.

"I feel sorry for regretting it, my heart hurts.
I love you
I love your words
I need you
I need your words
I cannot do it to you yet, just stay on the wall and
think about our memories."

Renjun's voice started to crack more often and Jeno reached a hand over to grab Renjun's, trying to provide as much comfort as he could to the older. Jeno continued to rub his thumb on Jaemin's face and held Renjun's hand comfortingly as Jaemin's breath started to become more shallow with each second ticking by.

"I want to go back to when I first met you."

Jeno smiled as he remembered the first time he met Jaemin.

"So before we discuss tattoo placement, I wanted to introduce you to our new intern, Na Jaemin." Renjun motioned to the pink-haired boy who stood beside him.

"Hi, I'm Na Jaemin. I'm here to learn and observe and then eventually become a tattooist myself." He laughed lightly, running his hand through his pink locks.