Chapter 35: Na Jaemin

It's been a month since he started his treatment.

Since he had been diagnosed.

Since he had been staying in this suffocating and stupid hospital.

Jaemin was glad that both Jeno and Renjun stayed by his side. They had been so understanding and loving towards him but Jaemin still felt so alone and so upset. His own self-confidence was gone after the end of last week, his hair had just finished falling out from Chemotherapy and no matter how much Renjun and Jeno said he still looked gorgeous and sexy he felt like they were just trying to make him feel better.

He only time he had let out a small laugh through the situation when Renjun said he always had a thing for bald people.

Still, it felt so humiliating to have to wear a wig or scarf to cover up the fact that he didn't have hair. He even had to cover up the fact that he didn't have eyebrows, Donghyuck being the best friend that he was penciling them on for him. But it still felt so upsetting.

It was times like this when he thought back to Jeno and Renjun's words on the day he had been diagnosed, a day he would never forget as long as he lived, however long that was. The fact that he would have to travel some of this journey alone. At the moment Jaemin felt that he was traveling the whole journey alone.

He had just finished another treatment and his body felt so weak and it hurt so badly to move. He felt so shitty and he could feel himself start to cry because of the fact that he felt so sick. He felt so exhausted and upset and he knew that today was going to be a bad day for him. He had known it was going to be a bad day, his gut telling him so when he had woken up that morning.

The fact that Renjun was too busy to come visit him also hurt.

He knew that the boy couldn't control random events and that he couldn't miss the final classes for the school year but he still felt that sting of abandonment. Something he hadn't felt since his parents had kicked him out of the house for being gay.

He does find some relief in the fact that Jeno is going to come to his room soon but he doesn't really have the energy to do anything, much less talk to Jeno. He felt a little bit annoyed that he would have to act happy and like he was fine and he really didn't want to.

Speaking of Jeno, said boy poked his head through the slightly opened door and they made eye contact. Jaemin knew he didn't look good but the concern on Jeno's face made him feel much worse.

"I know I look like shit, you could at least try to hide it," he snapped at the boy who had fully come into the room. Jeno seemed a little taken aback by Jaemin's attitude and Jaemin felt so guilty. "I'm sor-"

"Don't say you're sorry love," Jeno cut him off softly and moved to sit in the chair placed next to his bed. Jaemin looked at Jeno's face as the older ran his finger's over Jaemin's arm. Jaemin missed when Jeno's hair ran through his hair, soothing and comforting him. He felt eyes well up, extremely frustrated that he couldn't even enjoy that small act of love anymore.

"I had a really bad day today," Jaemin confessed softly, tears welling up in his eyes and his voice cracked. Jeno nodded, humming as he continued to draw random designs on Jaemin's skin. Jeno then stood up and pulled his blankets open, gently moving Jaemin over as to not hurt him. Jeno slid next to Jaemin and covered the two with blankets. He pulled Jaemin carefully to his chest and Jaemin felt Jeno's arms slide around his body, almost as if to protect him from the pain he was feeling.

Jaemin felt the tears fall down his face even though it pained him to cry. He felt the salty drops burn his face as he cried into Jeno's shoulder. Jeno stayed still, just hugging him as he let it out. After a couple of minutes, Jaemin quiets down and he feels Jeno shift to grab something.

"I brought the book I was reading with me today, I was wondering if I could read to you?" Jeno's voice washed over Jaemin and he felt his heartbeat a little faster at the thought of Jeno reading to him. It was usually a Jeno-Renjun thing to read together and Jaemin was usually busy doing something else. He always thought it would be one of the best feelings in the world to lay in Jeno's arms as he read, his deep voice lulling him to sleep. Jaemin nodded.

He shifted as Jeno moved to sit up against the back of the bed frame and when Jeno was situated, he pulled Jaemin in between his legs. Jeno's legs caged Jaemin's body between them and Jaemin rested the side of his head on Jeno's chest.

"It's called The Book Thief," Jeno started and Jaemin closed his eyes, "I think it's really cool because the narrator is Death and he kind of follows this one girl throughout her life during World War II." Jaemin did think that was pretty cool, he was mostly happy because Jeno sounded so fascinated and excited by it.

"Start from the beginning," Jaemin said, just to make sure Jeno wasn't continuing from his spot. He knew he was going to fall asleep eventually but he still wanted to understand some of what was going on."

Jeno scoffed, "Of course I'm going to start from the beginning I'm not a psychopath." He laughed lightly and Jaemin smiled. He heard the shuffle of pages and heard Jeno clear his throat before taking a breath.

"First the colors.
Then the humans.
That's usually how I see things.
Or at least, how I try."

________________________
Okay so was I the only one that didn't know Mark and Jeno did a dance cover of Baby Don't Stop?

Also we are nearing the end of the story, close to four chapters until the end. AH

LOVE YOU ALL MWAH :)