Chapter 10: Lee Jeno

Jeno brought his gloved hands to his face and blew hot air onto them as he walked across campus. The cold air wrapped around him and he shivered regardless of the coat resting on his body.

It was a couple of hours after Haechan's broadcast and those hours had been spent trying to get Mark to calm down and stop crying. When Mark finally passed out mentally exhausted Jisung had suggested Jeno go get hot chocolate or coffee at the cafe. Jeno ran through his mental list of drinks as he ducked into the shop.

Hot chocolate with whip cream and sprinkles for Jisung, regular hot chocolate for Mark, and a caramel latte for myself Jeno listed as he moved to stand in line. He glanced around the cafe again as he waited, met with the sight of tons of couples who had decided to go on coffee dates. Jeno felt a little longing spark in his chest until his eyes rested on a familiar pink head tucked into the corner of the shop.

Jeno stared at Jaemin who was completely immersed in his sketchbook and that's when Jeno remembered that he had seen Jaemin last week in the same position.

Small world Jeno smiled before turning back towards the counter to order the drinks. After several minutes Jeno had tucked the three drinks into a paper holder and turned towards Jaemin's table.

"I should say hi, he's sitting alone and he looks so pretty," Jeno talked himself up as he moved to the corner table where Jaemin was set up. Jeno walked right up to the edge of the table in front of Jaemin but the younger didn't look up.

Jeno cleared his throat. "Um Hi Jaemin," Jeno said softly, immediately thinking that Jaemin wouldn't have heard him but was startled when Jaemin's head snapped up to look at Jeno.

The smile that came on Jaemin's face when he saw Jeno made his insides melt.

"Jens, sorry I didn't see you. Guess I was too immersed in my designs," Jaemin laughed packing his supplies up and clearing the table. "Please sit down." Jaemin motioned to the seat across from him and Jeno gladly took the seat.

"It's okay Nana I was just stopping to get drinks for my friends and I saw you sitting here so I wanted to say hi." Jeno smiled and placed his paper holder on the table. Mark and Jisung could wait.

"Aw I would have missed my chance to see my honey if you didn't say hi," Jaemin pouted and Jeno gave him a big smile at the pet name, "I was having a cold day until you came here." Jaemin leaned towards Jeno, propping his head up on one of his hands.

Jeno looked down at his hands under Jaemin's flirtatious gaze but looked back up when the broadcast popped into his head.

"I heard Haechan's broadcast earlier. You, uh, I heard you talking." Jeno swallowed, a small smile placed on his lips.

Jaemin's smile widened when he saw Jeno's smile as he mentioned Jaemin's words on the radio.

"Oh, did my baby like my words?" Jaemin said lowly and Jeno blinked rapidly as he felt his ears heat up.

"Well, you were talking about Junnie and me, r-right?" Jeno looked hopefully into Jaemin's eyes, with no idea why he was so desperately hoping that Jaemin had been talking about him.

"Of course I was Nono," Jaemin gave him a reassuring smile, "who else could affect me like the two of you do?"

"I could you bitch." Came a sunny voice and Jeno looked up in surprise, recognizing the cheerful tone.

"Hyuckie could you not plainly see me flirting with my lovely Jeno here?" Jaemin tsked and sat back in his seat annoyed.

"I did but you were the one who invited me for coffee and I wanted to meet this cutie," a brown-haired boy said, shifting his attention to Jeno and smiled flirtatiously, winking. "I run the school's radio and go by the name Haechan but you can call me Donghyuck." Haechan smiled and Jaemin huffed.