Chapter 4: Huang Renjun

"Sicheng I'm here!" Renjun yelled out as he entered the small tattoo parlor, the tiny bell at the top of the door ringing. Renjun heard rustling coming from the back and then Sicheng came into view.

"Hey Injunnie, how was your day at university?" Sicheng smiled as he ruffled Renjun's hair.

"It was fine. It was fine." Renjun grumbled as he fought off Sicheng's hands and tried to fix his unfixable hair. Sicheng laughed and walked over to a light switch on the wall, flicking the neon sign outside from 'closed' to 'open'.

"I have an appointment at 4:30 so you're in charge of any walk-ins. But remember-"

"If it gets too busy start demanding appointments yeah yeah I know," Renjun interjected and stuck his tongue out at an amused Sicheng.

"Well, I wouldn't use the word 'demanding', more so 'asking' them to set appointments." Sicheng laughed at the younger male. "Go get ready before anyone walks in okay?"

"Alright," Renjun smiled passing the empty front desk then turning back to face Sicheng, "Where's Ten?"

Sicheng burned bright red and rustling from the back was heard again. Ten came out of the backroom disheveled, fixing his messy hair.

"Kid's too observant babe." Ten wiggled his eyebrows at Renjun who fake gagged with disgust.

"Oh my gosh at least wait until you two get home before," Renjun fake gagged again and shook his head, leaving the rest of his sentence hanging. Renjun could hear the two husbands cracking up in the front as he made his way to the backroom, suspiciously looking around before grabbing his apron and slipping it over his head.

Sicheng and Ten had gotten married close to a year ago and they still acted like it was their honeymoon. Not an incredibly good time for Renjun. 

"Oh my gosh Renjun," Renjun heard Sicheng scream from the front of the room before footsteps thudded towards the backroom. Sicheng's head poked around the door frame, his eyes glistening. "We have an apprentice." He said excitedly. Renjun raised his eyebrows in shock and Ten leaned against the other door frame rolling his eyes.

"Don't say apprentice that sounds too old-fashioned," Ten smiled but turned to Renjun looking equally excited. "We've got an intern. He's completely new to tattooing but he's got serious art skills and looked very passionate."

"Plus he said he's been studying up on it!" Sicheng interjected and Renjun looked at the two of them with skepticism. "So, we're letting him view us and we'll teach him everything he needs to know!" Sicheng clapped his hands, rubbing them together.

"I guess that's okay," Renjun sighed, "Does he go to our school?"

Ten nodded, "He says he's a second-year so he's in your grade."

"So, when is he coming?" Renjun questioned as a faint ding could be heard from the front.

A soft 'hello' came from the front and Sicheng and Ten looked at each other then looked at Renjun who raised his eyebrows in disbelief.

"Right now?" Ten offered as Renjun shook his head and they all made their way up to the front of the parlor.

When they stepped out into the front Renjun stopped in his tracks.

Holy shit that is one good looking guy was the first thought that came to his mind as he viewed the new intern in front of him. Renjun raked his eyes over the skinny frame and opened his mouth, drooling a little. He had a head full of soft pink hair which complemented his gentle features. He was wearing a leather jacket thrown over a graphic t-shirt with a cityscape printing across it tucked into dark jeans which hugged his legs nicely, showing off his defined muscles. His brown boots were splattered with paint and ink, looking worn down but in the most perfect way.