Chapter 8: Huang Renjun

"Alright, good night Ten and Sicheng! I'll see you later." Renjun called over his shoulder at the two beaming adults before turning his gaze towards the boy next to him.

Renjun felt strange and, not realizing that somewhere on a campus bench Jeno was feeling the same, didn't know how to sort out his feelings. Yes, he was bold in the moment but it was more because he was in his element, he was comfortable and confident with his actions as he felt the same with his craft.

Now that Jeno had left Renjun felt a little empty and didn't know how to explain his feelings without using the word strange.

"Injun, you okay?" Renjun heard Jaemin's voice pull him out of his head and he turned his attention towards the certain pink-haired male. "You seem a little out of it."

"Yeah, I'm fine. I think." Renjun responded before he stopped walking, leading the other boy to stop beside him. "I feel strange Jaems but I don't know how to describe it. I-I didn't regret anything I did," Renjun quickly assured the other, "but I feel weird. It felt like I just exited from one world to another and i-if I'm honest, " Renjun turned to face the other boy, fiddling with his fingers, "I don't really know what I am."

Renjun heard a soft breath come from Jaemin and he immediately regretted opening his mouth. "You know what, j-just forget I said anything." Renjun awkwardly laughed but stopped when he felt Jaemin take his hands in his own.

"You don't need to figure anything out right now Junnie, It's probably confusing for you and I can only imagine that Jeno's feeling a bit confused too," Jaemin chuckled and placed his fingers under Renjun's chin, forcing him to look Jaemin in the eyes, "I can't tell you how you feel so I'll tell you how I feel. I feel so extremely happy that I met you and Jeno today. I've only known you two for a couple of hours but I think I finally understand the expression 'love at first sight.' I think that as soon as the three of us met, there was instant chemistry between us and that what our relationship is, is a lot different from your standard relationship. I like our uniqueness, I like our chemistry, I like you, I like Jeno," Jaemin confessed and gave Renjun a loving smile, "This is happening so fast that it's overwhelming for both Jeno and yourself but I'll wait for the two of you to figure out your feelings. I'll wait for however long you need me too. Hell, I'll wait forever if I need to just so we can be together after death. I'm here Renjun, I'll always be here."

Renjun let out shaky breaths as tears fell from his eyes. Jaemin brought Renjun's hand up to his mouth and placed a chase kiss to Renjun's palm, all while keeping eye contact with Renjun. Renjun felt his legs weaken and he felt so overwhelmed. With emotions and with the pure love that Jaemin enveloped him in.

"T-thank you Nana." Renjun sobbed out between unstable breaths and Jaemin only smiled sweetly before pulling Renjun into his chest, wrapping his arms tightly around his torso. Renjun stayed in Jaemin's arms until he had calmed down and before he pulled away he felt Jaemin press a kiss to the top of Renjun's head.

Renjun smiled, feeling embarrassed, and wiped his face with his hands until he was sure he wiped all his tears away. His face felt puffy and he was sure he looked like a complete mess in front of Jaemin.

Jaemin seemed to read his thoughts and only laughed before holding his hand out to Renjun.

"Let me take you to your dorm?" and how could Renjun ever resist Na Jaemin.

______________________________

After a sad goodbye and another kiss placed on Renjun's palm, Renjun made his way into his dorm. Renjun, however, was not greeted with darkness but with all of the dorm lights on and a screaming Chinese boy.

"Renjun where were you," Chenle screamed and before Renjun could dodge he had flung himself onto Renjun's tired frame, "You never come home this late!"