Chapter 37: Na Jaemin

Laughter filled the room and paired with constant chatter coming from the twelve people smushed into the small hospital room. Jaemin's eyes moved around the room to look at everyone around him.

Jaemin raised his penciled-in eyebrows at Johnny, Jaehyun, and Taeyong talking by the window among themselves. His non-existent eyebrows rose even further when he saw both Johnny and Jaehyun "secretly" placing kisses onto Taeyong's face and Taeyong's red face hiding in his hands each time it happened. Jaemin heard a small 'yes' from his side and turned to look back forward at Renjun who was looking at the trio.

Jaemin knew it was going to happened and apparently so did Renjun.

Jaemin moved to cuddle more with the younger boy in his arms, Jisung's soft breaths revealing that he was asleep. Jaemin was going to fall asleep too if Jisung kept being his snuggle buddy. Renjun had protested when Jisung had first climbed into his bed but then Jisung snapped that Mark was Renjun's cuddle buddy and Jaemin was his. Jaemin just shrugged at the shocked Renjun who was about to cuddle with Jaemin and shifted to hug the younger.

Jaemin's tired eyes moved to the doorway and he frowned slightly. Jeno seemed to be in a heated discussion with Mark and Haechan. His face was deadly serious and the couple in front of him looked pale. Jaemin felt his heart rate pick up as Mark looked around before pulling Jeno out of the room, his own best friend following in suit. Jaemin turned to face Renjun, missing Ten and Sicheng following the trio out of the room.

"Renjun," He started but was immediately interrupted when a small angry Chinese plopped himself onto Renjun's lap. Jaemin felt a glare come across his face as he looked up into Chenle's face, who looked as equally as pissed as he felt. Jaemin and Chenle glared at each other, Chenle motioning to Jisung with his eyes and Jaemin motioning to Renjun with his own eyes.

"Switch."

Jaemin pushed Jisung gently away from his body, waking the sleeping boy as Chenle pulled Jisung off of the bed, pushing Renjun towards Jaemin. Jaemin grabbed Renjun's arm and pulled him onto the bed in front of him, covering the two of them with blankets before wrapping his arms around Renjun's waist and his head possessively on Renjun's shoulder. 

Renjun's back was pressed against Jaemin's chest while Jisung was sleepily sitting on Chenle's lap with a very red face.

"What the hell?" Renjun laughed as Chenle and Jaemin nodded at each other. Jaemin watched as Jisung shifted to cuddle closer to Chenle, burying his face into the crook of Chenle's neck.

"They're very cute," Jaemin whispered into Renjun's ear and he felt the older laugh softly before nodding his head in agreement. Renjun's arms moved to cover his own and Jaemin moved his legs to intertwine with Renjun's. The bed felt a little big but that was to be expected when you were missing one of your missing pieces.

Jaemin laughed as Johnny, Jaehyun, and Taeyong waved goodbye teasingly to the two couples by the bed and promised to visit again. The new boyfriends had all blushed red when Jaemin told them to invite him to the wedding.

Jaemin closed his eyes as Renjun traced random designs onto the back of his hands. He lay in silence with the three other people and felt a wave of peacefulness come over him. He found himself wishing that every day could be spent like this.

"Renjun," he found himself whispering in an attempt to not break the peaceful atmosphere. He opened his eyes to see Chenle and Jisiung's eyes closed as they cuddled on the chair. He felt the vibrations of Renjun's hum against his hands that were pressed against Renjun's abdomen. He had no idea how to phrase his next words.

"What is it Jaemin?" Renjun had to prompt him because he had gone silent. He took a breath and smiled a little before he spoke.

"I want you to give me a matching tattoo," he felt Renjun still in his embrace.