005 proposal

"Dad?"

"Hi Haru," Hyunjin held his arms open for his daughter to walk into. He wasn't shocked, however, when Haru didn't move an inch towards him and, instead, went to stand beside her mother.

"What's going on?" she said, crossing her arms and moving her eyes sternly between her parents.

"Can't a father come and see his daughter without having a reason to visit?" Hyunjin continued, sounding suspicious.

Haru glared at her father, knowing there must've been a reason for his surprise visit across the world. 

He sighed, "I have to talk to you about something."

Haru waved her hand for him to continue.

"Haru? I have a proposition for you..."

"What do you mean?" she asked, slightly startled by his sudden serious tone.

"The company, we're an entertainment agency. One of the groups under our label are going on a world tour in a few months and they are going to be doing a lot of interviews. The leader of the group speaks English but he doesn't want to be the only one talking all the time. The others also want to be able to answer questions and speak to international fans. So-"

"So you want me to teach them English?" Haru interrupted, sensing where the conversation was heading. Her father nodded. Haru turned her head to face the door to the living room, before moving towards it. Just before she left the room, she turned around, facing her father with soft eyes. "Give me a few hours to think about it. It's nice to see you, Dad," she spoke with slight sarcasm in her last words, knowing deep down, however, that she meant every word.

She ran upstairs to her bedroom, knowing exactly what she was going to say to her father already. She asked for a few hours to meet up with her best friend for, what would be, the last time in a while. She pulled out her phone and unlocked it with her face ID. As soon as she opened the messages app, Haru received a notification.

Jungkook

Has he told you yet?

Haru

So you knew?

Jungkook

Yeah, I mean, I kinda had a say in the idea

Haru

Just an excuse to meet me, huh?

Jungkook

I do also really want to improve my English...