026 second first date

We touched down in Korea, a feeling of deja vu washing over me as the wheels of the plane made contact with the tarmac. I felt the weight on my shoulder lift, not sure if it was a physical or mental relief, my eyes still sealed tightly shut from slumber. It was only when I felt that same weight place itself on my shoulder once again that I realised it was a physical mass. Coming to my senses, I peeled my eyes open, any distant sight of dreamland disintegrating in front of my very eyes.

"Wake up, we're here," I heard the familiar voice whisper in my ear in a sing-song tone, instantly lighting my face up with a smile as I turned to where the voice came from.

"Kookie," I sang back, half-heartedly, still feeling consumed by sleepiness. 

"Come on," he lifted his head off of my shoulder, the departure of his warmth deflating my body as I slumped in my seat, a pout transforming the smile that was once on my face. My pouting was short-lived as he slipped his hand into mine, intertwining our fingers as he stood up, pulling me to stand with him.  

"Let's go home," he smiled down at me, squeezing my hand as we exited the aisle in which our seats were located. We walked hand-in-hand off the plane. As the breeze kissed my cheeks and ruffled my hair, I felt a smile creep its way onto my lips. I never quite understood the homely feeling I had felt during my previous stay in Korea until it was almost ripped away from me in the blink of an eye. But as the welcomed breeze awoke my senses, I realised why. Looking up at the man beside me, then down at out interlocked fingers, everything felt right. He was my home. This was the same moment I realised the mere fact that, I had fallen completely and utterly in love with Jeon Jungkook. 

After leaving the airport, Jungkook and I opted to get a cab back to the dorms, not wanting to suffocate in a car full of people. He waved at an empty taxi and helped me with my bags as it pulled up before us. Then, being the gentleman he is, he opened the door for me to enter the back of the car. I smiled and thanked him as he nodded in response, closing the door and rushing round to the other side to get in. I gave the address to the driver and he pulled away, the image of the airport fading away from behind. I gazed out of the window, a smile adorning my face, unaware that I was being watched.

"Why are you smiling?" Jungkook asked, chuckling slightly.

"I'm happy," I turned to face him, my smile growing wider upon seeing him mirror my expression.

"Good, then I'm happy too," he replied, reaching out to slip his hand over mine that rested on my lap.

We remained like this for the rest of the drive, sitting in a peaceful silence, his thumb tracing invisible circles on the back of my hand. When we arrived at the apartment building, Jungkook handed over the money to the driver after refusing to allow me to pay, and hopped out of the cab, pulling my case out of the boot. He walked me to my door, watching as I unlocked it before following me inside, placing my suitcase down in the living room. I thanked him and walked him back to the door, saying goodbye. As I was about to shut the door, he stopped me.