019 first day

Jungkook's POV

I woke up earlier than I expected to. The curtains were still drawn, meaning Jimin was still asleep. I decided I needed to get the events of last night off my chest, so I walked over to the light and switched it on, making Jimin stir. I moved over to his bed and sat down, gently tapping him until he woke up.

"Kookie?" he asked.

"Jimin, I need to talk to you." He sat up, lifting his pillows to rest vertically against the back of the bed frame.

"What's up?" He patted the side of the bed next to him and I lifted the corner of the duvet, slipping in beside him.

"So, Haru and I went on a date last night," I began telling him the full story, making sure I didn't miss anything out. He nodded on occasion to reassure me he was listening. Once I had finished talking, he thought for a few minutes about how to handle the situation.

"I think there is obviously something that has happened in her past that is preventing her from moving on. The best thing to do here Kookie is give her space. Maybe talk to Zoe and ask if she knows what's going on, but let Haru approach you. She obviously needs time to think and the last thing you want to be doing right now is encouraging her to talk."

I took Jimin's advice on board and went out of the bedroom and to the kitchen. It seems luck was on my side because Zoe was leaning up against the counter with a cup of coffee in her hands. She appeared to be whispering to herself and I managed to catch some of what she said before she realised I was there.

"Stupid Haru locking the stupid door so I had to spend the night here and was all stupid and awkward around Tae- oh hi Jungkook."

"Zoe?"

She hummed in response.

"Can I talk to you?" I fiddled with my fingers nervously.

"Sure, what's up?" She asked, putting her coffee down on the counter and sliding up to sit beside it.

"Did something happen to Haru in the past that has scarred her when it comes to... I don't know... men?"

"Listen, Jungkook, all I'm going to say is yes, something really horrible happened to Haru when she was in high school and I thought she had tried to move on from it but I guess it's easier said than done. But I'm not going to tell you the ins and outs of what happened because frankly, it's not my place. I do know that she cares about you and she'll eventually come round, she just finds it difficult to open up to people about the past." She slid off the counter and walked back to the living room, clutching the cup of coffee in her hands once again.

I walked to the bathroom and pondered on both Jimin and Zoe's words while I showered. I then remembered that today was our first English class with Haru. I even debated not going so I didn't make her feel uncomfortable but Jimin reassured me after my shower that she would want me there.