025 homeward bound

The undercover police officers stood up from their seats and began rushing towards the alter. One of them caught Zach, tasing him and bringing him to his knees. He was tasered again and fell to the floor, unconscious. I ran towards Haru and flung my arms around her.

"Thank you," she cried.

"Shhh," I ran my fingers through her hair, lifting her into my arms. "Let's get out of here."

We left the scene, leaving the police to deal with Zach as everything was now under control. I quickly carried Haru to the car, laying her down on the backseat and placing her head on my lap. Zoe and Taehyung got into Zoe's car with us and began driving off after Jimin and Yoongi insisted on getting a taxi back to Haru's mum's house. The others returned home in Mrs. Lee's car.

[two days later]

"Okay, thank you officer," I hung up the phone and returned to my seat on the couch next to Haru. She instantly shifted over to lay her head on my chest, bringing her knees up to her chest as she curled up next to me. No one dared ask her to talk about the last few days since the almost-marriage, but I was internally hoping I would be the first one she would talk to about it. I wasn't going to push her though, I was waiting for her to talk.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

I placed my finger under her chin and lifted her head to face me. "What for?"

She sat up, "for everything. For pushing you away and... and," I noticed the tears building up in her eyes and I pulled her into my arms. She sobbed into my chest, choking on her words as she tried to continue, "I-If I ha-hadn't p-pushed you away n-none of this would've happened."

"You didn't push me away, Rooie, I promise you. Zoe told us everything. I wanted to hear it from you but I understand how hard that must be to talk about and it's okay. I just want you to know that I'm never going to let that happen to you again," I gently squeezed her waist.

She looked up at me, a soft smile adorning her features. "What did the police say?" She asked, changing the subject.

"Zach is being detained. His court case is in a few days but he's most likely going to be charged for rape, kidnapping and harassment," I replied.

"Harassment?" Her brows knitted together in confusion.

"He stalked you for 5 years, Haru, all of this was years in the making," I stroked her hair.

"I knew it!" She shouted, jumping out of her seat and pacing angrily. "He wanted to wait until he saw that I was starting to get over what he did to me and swoop in and ruin my life again," she added, throwing her arms up in the air. I stood up and moved towards her, wrapping my arms around her waist to calm her down. I rested my chin on her head as she sighed, burying her face in my chest.