029 black box

double update! read chapter 28 first

****

"Don't you want to know what's in the box?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh, I almost forgot about that, whoopsies," I started to feel nervous.

Jungkook chuckled before bringing the box into my eye line and opening it up. Inside laid a breathtaking gold chain with a pendant in the shape of the letter 'J'. I smiled, looking up at Jungkook who was grinning wider than I've ever seen him before.

"It's beautiful," I said, gazing at the necklace in awe. He picked it out of the box and brought it to my chest, lifting it over my head and clasping it at the back of my neck. When his hands left the metal, I noticed how it sat in a perfect spot, just above my heart.

"Perfect," I mumbled.

"Just like you," he kissed my forehead and I blushed.

"Wait a second," I grabbed the sleeve of his jacket. "You said you bought these, meaning there's more than one right? But there's only one necklace here so..." I trailed off.

He smiled knowingly and reached under the collar of his shirt. He clutched onto an almost identical chain, the only difference being the pendant. It resembled the letter 'H'.

"You've been wearing that all this time?" I asked, eyes slightly wider than before.

He shook his head, taking a small step closer to me. "Not the whole time. I didn't want to give too much away so I kept it hidden until about a month ago. I started wearing it more and more until I even found myself sleeping with it on," he grinned.

I brought my hands up to his cheeks and squeezed them, "you're so cute Kookie," I pouted.

He touched my hands on his face and brought them to his chest, pulling me slightly closer with the gesture. He brought his nose to mine and started lightly shaking his head from side to side so that my nose would brush against his. I giggled at the gesture and he muttered an "I love you" before letting go of one of my hands and leading me in the direction of the restaurant.

Zoe' POV

"Where are they?" Namjoon asked, referring to Star and Jungkook.

"Probably fucking each other," Jimin shrugged.

Yoongi slapped the back of Jimin's head. "Shut the fuck up you tasteless ass."

Jimin gasped, "my ass tastes very nice I'll have you know!"

Yoongi scoffed, "only you would know that, you've got your head so far up it."

"Now now children," Jin raised a hand nonchalantly, as if he was used to dealing with this, which he was. "We're in public, save the flirting for the bedroom."

"Jin," Jimin whined, "we've already spoken about this. Yoongi and I are not gay for each other!"

"You say that but..." Jin trailed off, not wanting to delve further into the conversation.

I heard the door open and two figures, a male and a female, came walking in, hand in hand.

"He finally grew a pair then," Taehyung said, noticing Jungkook and Star walking towards us.

"Finally," Hoseok sighed.

"Where have you been?" I crossed my arms over my chest and looked up at the couple who were smiling innocently at us.

"Sorry, we got a little sidetracked," Star fiddled with the necklace on her chest and I immediately softened.

"Oh my gosh Starry, it's stunning," I pointed to the gold chain. She smiled and glanced at Jungkook's matching one, which he now wasn't hiding under his shirt. I clapped my hands to my face, squealing. "Cute!"

The couple sat down and we ordered our food quickly after Hoseok and Jin began their whining about being starving. I gave my old speech of saying "children in Africa are starving, you are not," which instantly shut them up as they pouted.

I then focused my gaze on my best friend. She was sat beside Jungkook, across the table from Taehyung and I and she had her hand entwined with his on the table. Her gaze was on their interlocked fingers and she smiled softly, biting her lip in an attempt to mask her giddiness when Jungkook kissed her temple and leaned his head on hers.

It was at that moment I realised, my best friend had finally found her soulmate. My stomach flew a party as the butterflies of happiness danced. I then glanced around the table, looking over each of the seven men that had waltzed into mine and Star's lives, not realising that they came at a time when we needed them most. I was so thankful that our little family had grown that little bit more, our hearts expanding beyond measure.

****

and that's it, kind of. there's still an epilogue but as far as the main story is concerned, this is the end.

i'm such a sucker for a happy ending. though i am aware that in reality, not all endings are happy, i don't think i'd be able to bring myself to write a story that doesn't have a happy ending. i also think i'd suck at writing a sad book lol