006 korea-bound

Haru's POV

I wake up the next morning expecting to hear my alarm going off. However, it was an entirely different noise that caused me to wake up so early in the day. Confused as to where the head-banging whirring sound was coming from, I got out of bed and went to my window. Peeling back the curtains, I winced as the bright light from the rising sun threatened to blind me. After allowing my eyes to adjust to the daylight that was rapidly dawning, I glanced down at the street in front of my childhood home. I saw nothing that could be making that kind of noise so I closed my curtain and returned to my bed, confused. A few seconds after I had wrapped my body back in the covers, the sound began to reduce in volume. As my brain woke up more, I deduced that it must've been a police siren coming from behind my house.

I picked up my phone, knowing I was now too awake to go back to sleep. The time read 6:47am. My alarm would go off at 7am anyway so I decided to take the extra 13 minutes I had to get ready earlier. I got back out of bed and headed to the bathroom, not taking my phone to play music as my mother was still asleep. I wondered where my Dad slept last night. Did he sleep here? 

I brushed my teeth and took a shower, shaving my legs as I knew it was going to be hot enough in Korea to wear shorts. After applying my moisturiser, I picked it up along with my toothbrush, toothpaste and favourite face mask, taking the items into my room to pack into my suitcase. However, I left the face mask out of my suitcase and packed it into my carry-on bag along with my makeup bag and my airpods. I went over to my closet and pulled out some black cargo-pant sweats and an oversized black sweatshirt to wear. I call this outfit 'casual but stylish'. After french braiding my hair, I grabbed my phone and my luggages and headed downstairs to grab some breakfast. 

I found myself over-estimating my strength as I descended the staircase, struggling to heave my massive suitcase down behind me without tumbling. After I let out a loud sigh and stopped on the middle of the stairs, I heard footsteps on the wooden flooring of the kitchen. I started to panic, knowing I'd seen my mum still asleep in her room as I left the bathroom. Suddenly, my dad's figure came to the bottom of the stairs. I heaved out a huge sigh of relief and laughed at myself for being so stupid to think I was being kidnapped. My dad's happy expression became clouded with worry as he rushed up the stairs to help me with my case. I smiled at him and reassured him that I was okay after he asked me if I was hurt. 

"Do you want some rice?" my dad pointed over at the rice steamer as he placed my luggage in the hallway.

"Yes please" I smiled. Dad always used to make the best breakfast rice. I remembered back to 2 days ago when I had asked Jungkook if I should have rice or noodles for breakfast and we had FaceTimed for the first time... well and the only time so far.

We ate our rice and decided to head to the airport early. I ran upstairs to say goodbye to my mum and we left the house. The journey to the airport was about an hour long. My dad introduced to some of the music from the group I would be tutoring. I assumed that Jungkook hasn't told my dad that we are already friends until the next song came on.