Christmas time

I woke up and looked out the window, there was about 2 feet of snow outside and it was still snowing. I was about to get dressed when I saw what the day was on the calendar, it was Christmas Eve. How could I forget!? I got dressed quickly and grabbed my handbag then ran to the kitchen to find Samir cooking waffles with mmmmmmm maple syrup. My favourite. "You up then?" He asked as he plated my mouth watering waffles.
"I totally forgot it was Christmas Eve and we haven't even got a tree." I answered, feeling ashamed of myself,
"Don't worry, I've got that all sorted."
"You do."
"Yeh, should be here any minute......now." #Ding Dong#,"Eat up while I get the door." He rushed off to the door, I followed him with my eyes then faced back to my delicious breakfast and ate. I finished the last of my maple syrup and then washed up."Come see what I've got!" I dried my hands and rushed into the living room.

It was decorated with all sorts of things, paper snowflakes hanging from the ceiling, fairy lights around the room, our two advent calendars were placed on the mantle place with our selfies of us when we were a young couple and in the the corner of the room the was a tree skirt? Then I turned to see Samir on the floor with a long package. Hmmm, what's he got there? "What to open it? Like the room by the way?"
"Love it and yes please." I knelt down next to him and moved the packaging away and there was a cardboard box saying, 'Blue, gold and silver Christmas tree, with built in lights' I hugged Samir hard,"Thank you so much, when did you order this?"
"About a few days ago, the shops were out of stock so I had to order one, I though we would be getting a rubbish green tree like usual but I found this one and it was a limited edition and the only one left. So I got it and hope if would turn up before Christmas. Want to build it?" I nodded excitedly and opened the box and took out all the pieces,"You sure you can build this Terra?"
"Yeh! I can do it." He laughed,
"You are actually quite funny when you're angry." I glared at him but that just made him laugh even more, I guess I am funny when I'm annoyed. I put the tree together in a matter of seconds, amazing Samir, once he'd finish laughing his head off. "Wow, plug it in so we can see the lights." I plugged the the built in lights and flicked the switch. Then me and Samir stepped back for a better view. The tree was beautiful, the gold and silver complemented the blue and the lights complemented the blueness of the tree. "Right...let's go shopping."
"Shopping?!"
"Yep!"
"What for?"
"Wait and see..." Once again, Samir was being the mysterious boy again. But I still wrapped my scarf round me, put on my blue duffel coat and went to Samir's car. And once again, Samir only put on his black jacket. And he sat in the driver's seat, then revved the engine. As he drove, I watched the snowflakes float down from the sky then settle on the pre white ground.

We arrived at the shopping centre not the usual mini shops. I wondered why we were here, we hardly ever come here. Everything was all Christmasy, filled with holly, bells, candy canes and more. "Shop till you drop."
"Why?"
"Well we can't have a tree without something under it."
"Ohhhhh, let's go then, what time?"
"Mere here at 12:00 sharp."
"Kay, bye." We went our different directions. What should I get for Samit? That's one thing that's annoying about Christmas presents, you don't know what to get. I then saw the thing that Phoenix had been wanting for ages in a store, so naturally I ran in straight away.

(Samir's POV)

I saw it here last week, when I went to find a Christmas tree. I couldn't wait to see her face when Terra opens it. She's going to be so happy. Well....I hope she'll be happy with it. Otherwise it'll be plain awkward. That's one thing about Christmas presents, you don't know if they'll like it. I headed into the store I eyed up ages ago, picked up the item and went to buy it at the tills. Once I got handed it back in a plastic bag, I went to the craft shop to get some wrapping paper. I thought about how long me and Terra had been together, this is her first year living with me alone and already a lot of drama had happened. I just want her to have the best Christmas ever. Hopefully it is her best Christmas. You can't have a present without wrapping paper. I chose the papers that fitted Terra, Phoenix and Dan and brought them at the tills. Then went to buy presents for Dan and Flair.