Back to Bobby's House

You shut the front door to the house, listening to the reassuring rattle the glass panes made. You dropped your keys off on the table by the door, hung up your satchel on the coat rack, then called out to Bobby.

      "Uncle Bobby? I'm home!" you call out.

      No answer. Try again...

      "Uncle Bobby? It's Y/n!"

      You checked the living room, peeked inside the kitchen, and was about to check upstairs. Then something crashed in the basement.

      "Bobby?" you call cautiously.

      Nothing. You quickly whip out Bobby's silver-bullet pistol from his desk and head to the door that leads to the basement.

      "Bobby? I'm coming down," you call as you started down the stairs.

      You were never afraid of the basement. Well, once you turned 12 and Bobby took you down for the first time. As far as basements went, it wasn't bad. You had your workshop, gun fixing bench, and a regulation, monster-proof, angel/demon-proof, apocalypse-proof panic room. You had helped Bobby salt the walls, spray paint the devil's trap and wardings, and set up the weapon racks. It was one of the best weekends you ever spent with Uncle Bobby.

      You didn't see anything, but the panic room door was shut. You headed towards it, gun ready. Just as you were about to open it, it swung open and Bobby stepped out with a very flustered expression on his face.

      "Son of a-," he started to curse, then he saw you," Oh Y/n! What are you doing back so soon?"

      "College girl problems," you say, lowering the gun quickly, then asked," Hey, what's going on?"

      "Oh sorry..." Bobby apologized, then jabbed a finger at the door," The Winchesters got a demon and it's not exactly complying."

      "Demon?" You look through the sliver of the open door and saw a black eyed, soccer-mom type demon sitting in the hot seat with Sam and Dean Winchester pacing around.

      "Cool!" you say," Can I exorcise it?"

      "No!" Bobby exclaimed indignantly," If it sees you, then gets sent back to Hell, it's only a matter of time before it tries to come back for revenge!"

      You shrugged and say," Okay."

      "Okay? What do you mean okay?" Bobby asked.

      "I mean, okay," you say," I'll accept the risk. I've wanted to be a full fledged hunter for a while now, anyways."

      Bobby ran his hands over his face, agitated. You shrugged again.

      "Look, it takes a long time for demons to get out of Hell, right?" you ask," So if I exorcise it now, then I'll have some time to go on hunts and cases before it comes back for revenge, right?"

      Bobby grimaced, but nodded," You've thought this through, haven't you?" He said it slightly like an accusation.

      "I've wanted to be in the field a long time," you say," Phone work just isn't doing it for me."

      "I knew this day was coming," he muttered, then gestured to the panic room," You know the procedure right?"

      "Of course," you smile.

      "Aren't you going to exorcise me, boys?" the demon taunted," Or are you waiting for aging, daddy Bobby to do it for you?"