City of Angels

The Angel Hospital was located on the outskirts of the Los Angeles borders, but you wouldn't know it once you stepped outside onto the street. Lucifer was leading the group, beaming as he looked at his home city. You could feel his excitement building as he took it all in. And it was a sight. Giant skyscrapers, all glittering white in the mid-afternoon sun, surrounded by vehicles passing on overpasses and the roads on the earth. Citizens bustled in the streets, ignoring the group in their distraction to arrive at their destination. It was just like your world, but somehow it was brighter, more peaceful. You felt completely at ease surrounded by tens of people walking and driving.

      "It's good to be back home," you heard Lucifer murmur under his breath.

      You leaned against him tighter, resting your head against his jacket's sleeve. He smiled brighter, squeezing your hand. He looked over his shoulder at the bewildered off-worlders.

      "Our cab should be here shortly," Lucifer said.

      You started to look for anything slightly resembling a cab. Then a white van with Transit written across the side of it, pulled up to the curb. It honked and Lucifer smiled.

      "It's here," he announced, then waved the group towards it.

      You walked in step with Lucifer up to the white van. The driver hopped out and ran to the side door, sliding it open.

      "Alright, two in the back, two in the middle, and two in the front, and one in the passenger side," a potbellied, middle aged man with a grey beard stated plainly," I'm your driver, Marv."

      Dean scoffed in disbelief," Metatron?"

      Marv, Metatron, stared at him confusedly," Do I know you?"

      "No, no, Marv," Lucifer interrupted, letting go of you to step between the two," Uh, he's not from around here. He's got you confused with someone else."

      Marv gave Lucifer a slightly annoyed, but mostly confused, expression then narrowed his eyes as he accused him," You've been portal hopping haven't you?"

      Lucifer replied," Eh, it's not portal jumping... it's more like traveling to a specific alternate-dimension. With a purpose."

      Marv grumbled Enochian curses under his breath as he motioned for the group to enter the van," Whatever... Let's just get going."

      Lucifer smiled at the group of off-world angels and hunters and you with an apologetic expression," You heard him. Let's go."

      Sam and Bobby jumped into the backseats, Dean and Cas in the middle, and you and Lucifer in the front. Gabriel practically leaped into the passenger seat. Much to Marv's chagrin. You giggled at Gabriel's wide eyed, wide smile as he peered out the window at the city. Marv climbed into the driver's seat, locked the doors, then put the van in drive.

      "So... you're a cabbie?" Dean asked Marv as the van merged with traffic.

      "You got something against cabbies?" Marv snapped accusingly.

      "Well... no, it's just pretty funny to see a Scribe of God ferrying people in a van," Dean said, trying to hide his enjoyment of the situation.

      "Yeah well, when God left we all had to make adjustments," Marv muttered," And I'm not a Scribe of God anymore. I'm not just a cabbie either. I'm an angel advocate."

      "Angel advocate?" Castiel asked," What does that mean?"

      "Here in our world," Lucifer cut in before Marv could offer another snarky comment," Angels and humans live together. But there are some humans who don't like the idea of angels living among them. Not many, but there have been issues between our two civilizations."

      "What kind of issues?" Castiel asked, suddenly intrigued by this new revelation.

      "Well, Michael is an angel, and he's tried to break the world for millions of years," Lucifer said," Some aren't willing to trust angels simply because we haven't been able to get rid of him."

      "Why not?" Bobby asked.

      "Michael is powerful, and it would take four archangels to destroy him," Lucifer said," Since he and Raphael are teamed up, that leaves me and Gabriel alone to try and keep him at bay."

      The van was filled with silence as everyone, including you, digested the information. Marv muttered something under his breath, but you couldn't hear what he said over Gabriel's excited clapping as he saw a little city garden with an angel fountain in the center of it.

      "Check it out! It's a fountain!" he squealed," With an angel!"

      You grinned at how childish Gabriel was acting. He was adorable when he was excited. He practically had his face smashed up against the window. Lucifer looked very amused by it as well, in fact he was practically keeled over with laughter.

      "Yes, Gabriel, that's the Angel Garden," Lucifer explained," It's in dedication of angels. There's a Garden of Humanity on the other side of the city. And a Garden of Eden in the city center."

      Gabriel continued pressing his face to the window. You looked around at the others and saw Dean was trying not to look impressed, but was failing miserably. Bobby's mouth was hanging open, again and Sam was trying to take everything in from both sides of the window. Castiel was almost melancholic, taking in everything he could see and just being in the present. You could sense him soaking it all in, but with a nagging fear that this was all an illusion. And even a wishful thought that his world, your world, could be this beautiful.

      Lucifer started to point out the little shops that lined the streets, then rambled about some time he and Michael had a full on fist fight in a china shop and afterwards, he had to use his grace to fix everything and pay the owner damages. He laughed as he explained it wasn't that bad and he felt really bad for the shop owner.

      If only time could be trapped in a bottle. This moment, these seconds, the past hour, you would keep in a bottle and keep it like the dearest treasure you had ever owned.