Spreading Your Wings

"Careful... easy, Y/n, it's gonna be alright," Dean said under his breath as he and Lucifer helped you out into the living room," Just sit down, right here, okay?"

      He sat you down on the couch, and you wished you could lean back just to relax for a moment. But there would be no relief from that motion. The moment Cas saw you, he hurried to your side and sat beside you, placing a hand on your head.

      "What do we do?" Sam asked, panicked.

      "I'm calling Gadreel," Lucifer said, picking up a cell phone and hurrying into a back bedroom.

      Bobby came out of the guest room, looking confused," Y/n, what's going on?"

      You opened your mouth to explain, but the only sound you could make was a sharp cry of pain. Bobby hurried to the couch.

      "How painful is it?" Bobby asked.

      "It's bad... It's like a dull knife shoving up, trying to get out..." you gasped," It's never been this bad."

      "Alright, we'll get her there," Lucifer said into the phone, walking back out into the living room," We'll be in emergency. I'll see you there. Bye."

      "What did Gadreel say?" Dean asked.

      "Get her to emergency. Stat!" Lucifer said.

      "Do you have a car?" Sam asked.

      "No," Lucifer said, suddenly turning pale.

      Dean's head dropped and he muttered," We should've brought Baby..."

      Lucifer's eyes lit up," Maybe I can. Hold on."

      He closed his eyes and put his fingers together, then snapped. He opened his eyes and went to the little deck outside the glass doors. Lucifer came back in grabbing a jacket off a hook by the door, then went to grab you.

      "Dean, help me get her out," Lucifer ordered," We're going down to the parking lot."

      "What did you do?" Dean asked as he pulled you up onto your feet.

      "I got us a ride," Lucifer said," Dean, you're driving."

      Dean made that cute face that meant he was both surprised and confused. You managed to laugh before the wings made another escape attempt. Cas ran to the elevator door and opened it. As you were helped into the elevator, you felt everyone crowding in. Usually, it felt awkward and tight, but right now, it felt warm. It felt safe. And even though your body hurt like all of hell was trying to break out of you, you weren't scared.

      Out in the parking lot, there was a huge surprise sitting on a back parking space. A black, '67, Chevy Impala sat pretty on the blacktop. Dean laughed with joy as he stared at the vehicle.

      "Oh Baby, it's so good to see you!" he said, with the start of tears in his eyes," It's been too long!"

      Lucifer, however, wasn't ready to celebrate the return of the eldest Winchester's most prized possession.

      "Dean, the keys should be on the hood," Lucifer told him, then looked over his shoulder at Sam," Sam, hold Y/n while Dean, you turn on the car."

       Sam took your arm as Dean dashed to his car. He picked the keys up off the hood and unlocked the doors. He motioned for Lucifer and Sam to bring you over. You barely noticed you were moving. Your became lightheaded, everything felt like it was in a haze. You tried to focus on your breathing, keeping it steady and even. Sam opened the back door, helping you inside.