Confronting Sophia

The unnecessary stop at the morgue yielded no more answers than before you'd gone. You did get to see the bruises around the vic-... Veronica's throat. It was indeed colder than one would expect. The man who examined the body said it was the strangest thing he's ever found on a body. Gabriel wasn't at all deterred by the sight of the dead, frozen bodies, but you did notice he stood as far away from them without raising questions from you.

      After you two left, you tried to convince Gabriel that you should head back to the motel, but he had caught onto your tricks. He asked you about Sophia as you were driving and headed towards the dormitory.

      "What about Sophia?" you asked stupidly.

      "Like... you know her," Gabriel said," And you don't want to see her."

      "Last time I saw her, she tried to beat me up in a Mall for her squealing friends," you said, then glared at Gabriel," There may be a reason I don't want to see her. That... and she knows I'm not FBI. If she sees me, the gig's up."

      "Well, then... we're just going to have to disguise you," Gabriel said.

      "Disguise? More than I already am?" you asked.

      "There's an old Trickster method to shape-shifting," Gabriel said in his 'storyteller' voice," If you are willing, I'll teach you the ways of the Trickster."

      "Sure, why not," you said, still not feeling ready to see Sophia within punching distance.

      "Why not. She says 'why not'," Gabriel teased," Girl, prepare to be blown away!"

      You glanced at your new face in a passing mirror as you and Gabriel headed for an elevator that would take you to Sophia and her friends' dorms. You had diff/hair/col pulled up in a tight bun, courtesy of Gabriel, a diff/skin/tone, and diff/col/eyes. You sighed tightly as you straightened your suit tensely.

      "Relax," Gabriel cooed from beside you," I'll ask the questions. I'll take care of everything."

      "I hope you do, cuz I think I might punch her when I see her," you growled.

      "Then I guess I'll have to restrain you, by archangel ways," Gabriel said.

      And with that, your body was stuck. You couldn't move. You could barely turn your head to stare at Gabriel in disbelief.

      "Sh," he said his finger up to his lips," Just go with it. I'll listen to your thoughts if you want to input something. But promise to be helpful and not intrusive."

      You tried to talk, but you were also silenced. So you cursed in your head before thinking," Yes," as hard as you could.

      "Then we have an understanding," Gabriel said as the elevator door opened," Good."

      You felt him walking you towards the dorm room the front desk had given you. It felt so strange. It was like being a plastic action figure with poseable limbs. Then being subjected to the player's wishes. Gabriel was pretty good at it though. At least, you didn't think that you were walking too stiffly, or strutting. Lord forbid the archangel to make you do the Charleston down the hall.

      "Don't tempt me," Gabriel teased with a smile, breaking into your thoughts.

      That's right. He could read your thoughts. Better stay quiet. Gabriel stopped you at the correctly numbered door and knocked. There seemed to be some kind of commotion on the other side of the door, and you glanced as best you could at Gabriel. Gawd, this whole puppeteering thing was going to drive you mad. You saw Gabriel smiling with a silent chuckle. You wanted so bad to kick his shin...