Windows to Bars

You awoke in the backseat of the Impala in Sam's arms. You sat up quickly and looked around frantically. Your breathing was fast and hard, but shallow. Everything sounded like it was underwater. Sam's voice was garbled until you looked him in the eyes and the fog you were in faded away.

      "-... Y/n, calm down," Sam said, petting your hair back and trying to shush your tight cries of fright," Shhh-sh-sh-sh... it's alright. It's over. You're safe."

      "What happened?" you asked.

      "You pulled some angel mojo and kicked some serious demon butt," Dean said," You did good kid."

      You could see Sam's annoyance at the way Dean explained it, then muttered," That's one way to put it."

      "I remember," you said," Sorta. Everything changed and I... I saw the demons in their true form... and you and Dean's souls."

      "Really? And you remember it?" Sam asked.

      You nodded," Yeah. I guess that's improvement, huh?"

     "We'll call it that," Sam said with a reassuring smile.

      You sat up and looked out the window. It was starting to break daylight. The sun was just peeking out behind the hilly, wooded horizon and the giant pine trees lining the road. The feeling of unease was gone. You felt safe. Perfectly safe as you laid against Sam, watching Dean's eyes on the road, and feeling the warm leather seat under you. You thought you should fall asleep or something, but you couldn't seem to feel the urge to. So you simply watched the passing earth as you enjoyed your small world.

      Dean parked Baby in front of Bobby's house. Again. How many times have they done this? You waited for Sam to slide out of the backseat before getting out yourself. You grabbed your satchel and followed the boys up the steps. Bobby opened the door before Dean could knock.

      "Oh thank god you're back," Bobby said, his face flushed," Get in here. We got trouble."

      None of you had a chance to ask what was happening before Bobby practically dragged all three of you inside. Bobby dragged you all into the living room where you were met by the usual serious stare of Castiel and an unusually serious Gabriel.

      "Cas, Gabe," Dean said in greeting," What's going on?"

      "Nothing good, Dean," Castiel said," Remember what I said about something coming?"

      "Yeah?" Dean said.

      "Well, something came," Castiel said," Something from another universe."

      "So... aliens?" Dean asked.

      Castiel gave him an unimpressed glare and head tilt," No! But it's got the power of an archangel."

      "Archangel?" you asked.

      "Yes," Gabriel said, looking at you with the most deadpan expression you'd ever seen on anyone's face, especially Gabe's," And we have reason to believe its coming for you."

      "Me?" you asked, remembering Lucifer but having to play dumb," Why me?"

      "Your power may have reached a point where a different dimension may feel its effects," Castiel explained," It's very complicated, and it could be from any number of alternate universes."

      "Oh," you said," How do you find it? Whatever it is."

      "We've got our best angels on the lookout," Gabriel assured you," So if anything goes awry, we'll know."