Hanging with Lucifer (... cuz no one else is around)

After having Lucifer promise to you to never lie or trick you, you felt yourself actually beginning to like him. He was very cautious and insecure around you, but once you started to act as though he was just another person, he started to loosen up and show more of his personality. Soon you and he were sitting on the floor of your room. You sat on your mattress, hugging a pillow as Lucifer explained his family, or more specifically angel, tree. He was the second-born, right under Michael, and above Rapael and Gabriel. Well, the ones in his universe at least. Lucifer laughed as he said that Gabriel-here would love Gabriel-there, because they're almost identical in personality.

      "What's Raphael like?" you asked.

      Lucifer sighed as he said dramatically," He joined Michael in his fight to destroy me. His second-in-command, lord of death, angel of chaos. Can't understand a word of pop culture."

      You laughed and Lucifer was grinning ear-to-ear. The Lucifer Castiel told you about was uptight, sarcastic, and surly. This one was good natured, slightly insecure, and had a good sense of humor. He was fun to talk to and made even the most boring story funny with side commentary. You could tell he was trying to be as fun as possible to try and make you more comfortable around him. But he didn't need to try so hard. You assumed your angel powers didn't sense any evilness in him, so you didn't feel anything off about him. Not like last night.

      "So, Gabriel came out of Raphael's room, mouth filled to bursting with candy and an armload of even more," Lucifer laughed," Raphael was so mad he chased Gabriel as he tried to eat as much of the candy as possible before he got caught."

      Your laugh was genuine as you imagined a child Gabriel running with a mouthful AND armful of candies with a very angry Raphael chasing after him. You could imagine your Gabriel doing the same thing. You wondered if he had. Once your laughter died and Lucifer didn't fill the silence, you decided to ask more serious questions.

      "Your wings..." you started, unsure how to ask the question," How did you grow your wings?"

      "I was very, very young," Lucifer said, then thought for a moment for a way to explain it better," It's like, when a human child starts teething. Their teeth starts to come in and it hurts. But they're so young, it doesn't register as pain or remember what it felt like."

      "But... since I'm not a baby... I feel the pain and-..." you suddenly felt a little sick as you thought about the term, sprouting," The wings will sprout from my back... They're going to-... oh god... it's going to hurt so bad..."

      "Probably," Lucifer said unhelpfully, then recovered quickly and placed his hands on your shoulders," But it's going to be okay, Y/n."

      "Isn't there anything we can do to make it less painful?" you asked with panic in your eyes.

      Lucifer's eyes drifted to your back, then said," Not here. In my world, we have angel doctors. They may be able to help."

       You tilted your head," Angel doctors?"

      "Yeah," Lucifer said with a nod," They may have some way of surgically birthing the wings so that you don't feel anymore pain."

      "Surgery...?" you said feeling a strike of hot fear and a cold shiver run through your systems.

      "Maybe it won't come to that," Lucifer said quickly, trying to calm your fear," Maybe if I can get someone here they can figure out what should happen."

      You weren't sure about this, but the thought of growing wings sounded painful and you weren't sure you wanted to experience all the pain. Even now, your back was throbbing and wouldn't stop. It hadn't stopped hurting since the first time you noticed the pain.

      "Alright," you gave in," Just to see if there is no other option."

      "Of course," Lucifer said with a quick nod, then stood up," I can go back right now and be back within a few minutes."

      You didn't want Bobby or the others seeing him though, because they'd try killing him on the spot. So you came up with a quick plan.

      "Fly somewhere far away from here, then go back to your world," you said," Then fly back here. Just in case someone would see you."

      "That's a good idea," Lucifer said, then disappeared.

      And once again, you were alone in your room. You took the opportunity to walk down the hall to the bathroom. You slipped inside, closing the door as quietly as possible to not let anyone know you had left the confines of your room. Safely inside, you pulled your shirt off and looked at your back in the mirror. The extra set of bones hidden under the skin were moving without your trying. You watched them expand and retreat across the width of your back and over your shoulder blades. The tips of the wings reached down near the small of your back. You couldn't tell if they ended there, or if they were just hidden behind a thicker layer of skin and flesh.

      You wondered what it would look like when they would inevitable spring free from your body. You imagined the skin splitting and dripping blood as pain rips through your nerves and overloads your brain with the awful feeling. You could feel despair and fear and panic building in your gut and spreading through the rest of your body. You didn't want the tears to come, but they did anyways. The cheeky idjits...

      You could hear Bobby and the others talking downstairs. You couldn't hear the exact words they were speaking, but you figured it was about you. How to keep you safe. How to keep you from falling into the wrong hands. Like you were some cursed object meant to be burned. 

      Suddenly, you wondered what they would think of you if you just suddenly sprouted wings. What would they say? Would they panic? There wouldn't be much for them to do about them, since the wings would be attached to you.

      Gabriel could finally teach you how to teleport by using your wings. Maybe when you earn your wings, you'd be able to see Castiel and Gabriel's wings. You hoped you could. What would Bobby think though? He would probably have a heart attack if he saw you with wings. You couldn't bear the thought of Bobby dying from a heart attack you caused him because he couldn't handle something you had no control over.

      Sam and Dean would probably see it as an opportunity for some serious hunting tricks. Instantaneous change of location to overcome and overwhelm monsters and threats. You'd be their new favorite hunting weapon. As much as you didn't want to be considered an object, that wasn't a bad outcome. Assuming the Winchesters actually considered that as an option.

      Castiel would probably drag you to Heaven to try and catch you up on the last hundred millenniums of angel training. Gabriel wouldn't be against it, as long as he was your teacher. That just seemed to be something he'd do.

      Pulling your shirt back over your head and over your back, you checked to see if your wings could be seen through the fabric. The very top of your shirt was slightly pushed out by the wing bones, but otherwise, no one would be able to tell there was anything wrong. You quickly left the bathroom and retreated back into your room.

      The chair seemed like the best place to sit and to think. You wondered if you should tell your family about what has happened. You knew they wouldn't trust Lucifer, so that made telling them the equivalent of impossible. But you couldn't go on without tell them about your wings. You needed Lucifer's help and you needed your hunter family's support. You couldn't survive without both. And at least one side wouldn't cooperate as long as they knew Lucifer was the other side. You just wanted to have your biological father, your adoptive father, and your hunter family together so you didn't have to pick sides. Because you couldn't choose between two sides of your heart.

      And you'd do anything to keep from having to make that choice.