Working the Case (... more or less with Gabe)

You and Gabriel booked a room at a motel by phone under your FBI names, Agent Kix (you) and Agent Angelos (Gabe). After you realized Gabriel didn't have a badge, you decided it would be cool to try and create an FBI badge with Gabriel's face on it from thin air, so you did. It took a few tries, but eventually you got what you needed. Gabriel was thoroughly impressed.

      "Very nice!" he said as he looked the picture over," You even got my good side!"

      You smiled proudly," Alright, you also need a Fed suit. I'll make you one once we're at the motel."

      "Or we could stop somewhere," Gabriel said.

      "You'd rather shop than just summon?" you asked.

      "Summoning is fun at first, but then it just gets... old, you know. You snap your fingers, it appears... where's the fun in searching?" Gabriel said.

      You nodded," I can understand that. I didn't think you were the shopping type."

      "There's a lot about me you don't know," Gabriel said with a sly grin," You know the platypus?"

      "Yeah...?" you said.

      "I helped create it," Gabriel said proudly," It's my favorite creation. Besides humans of course."

      "You made the platypus?" you asked amid a laugh," You?"

      "Oh yes," Gabriel said," My brothers stole the better pieces but I managed to make something amazing anyways. You know elephants? With the looong trunks?"

      "Yeah-...?"

      "I accidentally pulled its trunk and made it long," Gabriel said," I didn't mean to, I was just trying to be funny."

      You laughed at the thought of Gabriel, a powerful archangel, pulling a snout nosed elephant until it was a trunk. Gabriel looked proud and happy sitting in your passenger seat, telling you stories of his misadventures with animals.

      "So that's why you weren't upset when I teleported a polar bear into the junkyard," you said.

      "Yeah, trust me, it could've been a lot worse," Gabriel said.

      "Yeah," you chuckled," Yeah, I guess it could've been."

      With the extra stop at a suit and tie store, (in which Gabriel proceeded to spend two hours and $500 on a suit) it was dark when you and he stumbled into the motel room. You quickly put both your suit and Gabriel's in the closet for a quick grab in the morning. You saw Gabriel exploring the room. You wondered how often Gabriel stayed in motel rooms. Or did he just 'archangel' his way into swanky hotels?

      Then your stomach growled. Convincing you to microwave a TV dinner before collapsing onto one of the two beds. Gabriel seemingly wasn't tired at all. Because archangels, or angels in general, didn't sleep. Or eat, technically. But Gabriel liked eating. He asked you if you had some food for him too, so you made him a TV dinner. Yours was a roast beef and mac&cheese combo with a side of corn. His was a Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes and gravy.

      You handed it to Gabriel as he was sitting on the bed nearest to the door, and his face lit up. He started eating immediately while he turned on the TV. It was some kind of true crime show. You didn't really watch it, you were more hungry for food than entertainment. When you'd finished your food, you ditched the empty tray before collapsing on the unoccupied bed.

      Before you fell completely asleep, you felt the archangel teleport so he was sitting next to you with his arm wrapped behind your head.