Not an Overnight Stay

Gadreel came back within 15 minutes carting an oxygen mask, a bag marked Prescription, and what looked like a thick, foam mat under his arm. He placed all the items on the countertop then walked around the bed to show you, Lucifer, and Bobby the oxygen mask.

      "This is a simple, lightweight oxygen mask," Gadreel explained," It will automatically pull oxygen from the air and make it easier for Y/n to breathe. No tank required."

      Then he reached for the bag marked Prescription, saying," Now these are strong painkillers and should make the pain manageable. But they will make her drowsy, so someone has to keep an eye on her while she's on the drugs."

      Bobby nodded in agreement," Not a problem."

      Gadreel looked satisfied with the response, then showed the mat," This is a special bed for sprouting baby angels. It allows them to lay on their backs while they sleep without causing them pain."

      "Got it," Bobby said.

      "And I don't think it's a good idea for you to go back to your world just yet," Gadreel added," Y/n is under a lot of stress and, if there was an emergency, it would be better for her if she was nearby to the place that could help her. Dimension jumping isn't for the weak of heart. Do you have accommodations set up?"

       Bobby was about to protest, but Lucifer interrupted with," They can stay with me. I have plenty of room."

      "Wonderful," Gadreel said, then looked at Bobby," Mr. Singer, I wouldn't ask you to stay unless I was certain it was for the best. If you would like to leave Y/n in this world and you go home, that's also acceptable. But Y/n would be in better circumstances if she remains on this side."

      Bobby shrugged reluctantly," Alright, I guess. As long as it's okay with Lucifer here."

      "You are all welcome in my home," Lucifer said," But if any of you would like to go back, I would gladly open the portal in order to do so."

      For a moment, no one said anything.

      Then Gabriel stated enthusiastically," Well, I'm staying here for a while. I'd love to check out the scene outside and explore this place. I'd also like to meet this devilishly charming Gabriel I've been told I should meet."

      With that, no one had any objections to staying. Except Castiel, who stated he should go back in order to make sure that Heaven is functioning as it should. Lucifer agreed, and offered to let him go back once they were at his home.

      "Are you strong enough to walk, Y/n?" Gadreel asked you.

      "I don't know," you said, then rolled yourself off the table, letting your legs drop to the floor before standing.

      Your back ached, but the wings seemed to have retreated into a smaller position, so it didn't hurt as bad. You could walk. You nodded reassuringly to Gadreel who then bid everyone goodbye and a reminder that if anything should go wrong, get to his office as fast as possible. The group nodded and Gadreel left.

      You had Lucifer help you shed the plastic cape and set it down on the bed. You watched as Gabriel, Sam, Dean, and Castiel stood and got ready to leave. Bobby was collecting up your new items and placing them in one of the bags the Winchesters brought. You were glad they had brought them, now that it seemed you'd be staying for a while. Lucifer held your arm as you all filed out of the exam room. As much as you were relieved this visit was over, you were already anxious about the next one.

      "You were serious about letting us stay at your place, right?" Bobby asked.

      "Of course," Lucifer said," I own a flat in the downtown part of the city. I'll call a cab and have them drop us off there. I figure we may as well sight-see on our way there."

      "Sounds great to me," Gabriel piped up, not at all bothered at the idea of staying in a completely different world for an unknown amount of time with alt-Lucifer, who in their world had killed him.

      "Cas, did you really want to go back home?" Dean asked his angel best friend quietly.

      Castiel shrugged," I don't know, Dean. Heaven should be okay on their own, but I just-... don't really want to be here. But I don't want to leave you all here by yourselves."

      "You can go, Cas," you said softly from over your shoulder," We'll be fine. But we'd all much rather have you stay with us."

      You weren't sure if Castiel wanted to leave because he was genuinely concerned about Heaven's stability, or if he just was uneasy watching you in such pain. Or if he was uneasy about Lucifer. Or maybe it was something about this world. But once you said you'd rather have him with you, he seemed to be more firmly set on staying. At least, he stopped shuffling and holding his hands in the pockets of his trench-coat and made eye contact with you. You smiled at him like you hadn't smiled at Castiel in a long long.