The Crank's Motel

The Crank's Motel was one star short of pleasant. But you didn't mind. Bobby's house wasn't 5 stars either. More like 3. This was probably a 1 and a half. Maybe a 2. Assuming the bland and sickly looking exterior didn't travel inside. Sam went inside and got a room while Dean parked the Impala. Once the engine died, you opened the door and stepped out. Dean did the same, stretching and making loud groaning noises. It was almost midnight.

      You followed Dean to the trunk, and catch a glimpse of Sam walking back towards you. He held up the motel room key and walked towards the room door. You watched which one he goes to before picking up your duffel and backpack. You hurried to the room, catching the door before it closed so you could get inside. You dropped your bags in the corner of the motel, staring at the wallpaper dating circa the 50's, two brown-and-white-sheet beds, and one paisley couch.

      It smelled like stale air but without the scent of people, animals, or decaying bodies. As long as you never stayed somewhere with the latter, you decided you could handle any room.

      "Alright, Y/n, you can have your pick of the beds," Sam said," I'll take the couch."

      "Are you sure? I can take the couch..." you try to tell him.

      "Nah, it's fine," Sam said," I actually like sleeping on couches."

      You weren't sure if that was true or not, but you weren't going to argue about it anymore. Dean walked in with a sigh as he looked at the Crank's Motel Room.

      "Well, this is nice," Dean said then pointed at the closest bed," I call that bed."

      Sam looked at you with a 'sorry' smile and laugh. You shrugged and sat down on the bed farthest from the door. It was thick, and actually comfortable. The comforter was almost like new, so you assumed the owner took a little pride in their work. The pillows were old, but soft. They smelled like old spices and dyer sheets.

      "I'm going for a shower," Sam said," Y/n, do you want one before me?"

      You shake your head," Nah. I'm good."

      "I've got the one after you," Dean said as he turned on the TV," Don't use up the hot water."

      Sam disappeared into the bathroom and you could hear the water running. It sounded like rain. You liked listening and watching rain from inside Bobby's living room where it was warm and dry. The house's old roof rattled with rain as much as the front door rattled when opened and closed. It was always made you felt safe.

      You curled up under the blanket and closed your eyes. You pushed out the sounds of Dean's cartoon show and focused on the running water behind the closed door. You could recreate Bobby's living noises from your memories. If you wanted to, you could imagine you were back at Bobby's. But you didn't dare open your eyes. You stayed with the memories. You didn't even realize you fell asleep until the alarm erupted into 'Enter Sandman' by Metallica.