Waking Up & Ghost Burning

The 'siesta' was relaxing... right up until you woke up. Then reality hit and you couldn't retreat back into yourself any longer. It wasn't so bad though, because Gabriel was still sitting with you. He didn't seem to notice your waking up until you buried your head into his side.

      "Morning, pajarito," Gabriel cooed," Have a good siesta?"

      "Yep, thanks...," you mumbled sleepily, then looked up to see Gabriel sitting across the room listening to the police scanner.

       You jumped away from the Gabriel sitting next to you. He looked confused at your reaction. You looked between him and the other Gabriel.

      "The wha...?" you gasped in distress.

      "Oh, don't worry," police-scanner Gabriel said cheerfully," Nothing ghost related yet."

      "And nothing new on the internet either," a new Gabriel, sitting at your laptop across from police-scanner Gabriel, assured you.

      "How...?" you asked, then the Gabriel sitting with you petted your head.

      "I didn't want to leave you, so I got some help to take care of the scanner, the phone, and some research as well."

      "No new messages by the way," a fourth Gabriel said from the bathroom, holding up your phone proudly.

      "Gabe... why is he in the bathroom?" you asked.

      "Because I couldn't hear my own thoughts over that police scanner," Gabriel #4 stated accusingly.

      "Excuse me?! I have to make sure that no one else dies today-...!" Gabriel #2 stated defensively.

      "And you don't think what I'm doing is important too?!" Gabriel #4 yelled back.

      "Both of you shut up! I can't think over your screaming," Gabriel #3 demanded.

      "Alright you devilishly handsome angels," Gabriel #1, the real one, said to his multiples," Time for you to go back from whence you came. Me."

      With a quick snap of his fingers, all three extra Gabriels disappeared and you and the real one were left alone.

      "That... was like waking up in the Twilight Zone," you said, rubbing your temples to try and stop the growing headache.

      "I'm sorry," Gabriel apologized as he pinned your wayward locks of hair behind your ear," I guess I should've warned you."

      You yawned," So nothing's happened?"

      "No new deaths related to the case," Gabriel said.

      "Good," you said," What time is it?"

      "7:36 PM," Gabriel said," It's getting dark."

      "Good, good," you said as you rolled out of bed, trying to shake the sleep out of your system," Did... uh, Gabriel #3 find out where Willow Barker was buried?"

      "Castle Cemetery, off Highway 81," Gabriel answered.

      "That's about an hour away," you said, going for your jacket hanging on a hook," If we leave now, it'll be dark by the time we get there."

      "In a rush are we?" Gabriel teased as he threw his legs over the side of the bed exaggeratedly, practically jumping upright.

      His active energy seemed to siphon more of yours. You shrugged at the teasing.