Recovering Freak

You retched again into the bathroom toilet. Sam sat behind you, holding your hair back. You lifted your head up, taking shaky, broken gasps of air, before feeling your stomach clench and release more bile. Sam tried to soothe you, but all he could try to do was rub your back. But your back felt like it was going to be torn by your wings to be, so you quickly shoved him off. You couldn't handle any more pain than necessary.

      You sensed Lucifer standing in the doorway, watching you with his own sense of sickness. You looked over your shoulder intending to look at him, but saw Jody Mills, local Sioux Fall's sheriff standing next to him. She was in her civilian clothes, so she must've been off-duty. You wanted to wave, or say hi, or anything, but your arms were about to collapse from exhaustion as it was. And your throat was still raw and sore. Your vocal cords could barely work out a moan at this point.

      "Hey, Y/n," Jody said softly, obviously shocked by your condition," How are you doing?"

      As if on cue, you retched again. Jody sighed sympathetically. You spit out the foul tasting crap from your mouth before looking up at Jody again.

      "Bobby called to ask if I could take care of you for today," Jody explained, you guessed she thought you wanted an explanation for her arrival," Donna's here too. She's downstairs talking to Dean."

      You could barely nod or acknowledge you understood what Jody was saying. You were shaky and weak, and barely had enough control over yourself to breathe correctly. But you were happy to see Jody. And Donna Hanscum whenever she'd make her grand appearance. Donna was a sheriff in Minnesota, which made you wonder why she was in Sioux Falls. You liked her, and did not really care why she was here, only that she was. Maybe you could find some solace in her and Jody.

      "Alright," Jody sighed then looked at Lucifer and Sam," I can take her from here, okay?"

      Sam nodded immediately while Lucifer gave a short, slow nod before stepping away. Sam squeezed your shoulder as he stood up and slid out the doorway. Jody closed the door behind her before getting down on her knees and sitting next to you.

      "Hey, Y/n," she said softly, brushing your tangled, smelly, probably bile soaked hair back behind your shoulders," Can you hear me?"

      You blinked in response. It was the only thing you could do that used minimal energy.

      "Good," Jody said, then glanced around the bathroom before saying," I'm going to get you cleaned up a little so that you can take a bath. You smell like roadkill."

      You couldn't help but smirk, just the tiniest bit at that. Yeah, roadkill. Roadkill that's been sitting in its own sick for 2 days. Suddenly the door opened and Donna's smiling face appeared. She looked at you, trying to hide her shock behind her bright smile.

      "Hey kiddo," she said in her Minnesota accent," How are we doin' today?"

      You slouched and rested your head in your elbow to keep it from falling. Donna nodded.

      "Yeah, that sounds about right," she said, then looked at Jody," What's our first objective, chief?"

      Jody nodded to the sink," Let's get her face cleaned up and then get her into a bath."

      "Okie dokie," Donna said as she searched the drawers for a washcloth.

      You dry heaved nothing over the toilet, then slumped onto the cold tiled floor. Your arms had given out. Jody quickly caught you by your shoulders and pulled you upright, leaning you into a corner so you couldn't fall again.