Enter the FBI (and you exit stage right)

You sat up with a start as you looked around the room. Dean was tying his shoes, dressed up in an FBI suit. He grinned at you laughingly.

      "Rise and shine, kid!" he said over the screaming Metallica guitars.

      You rub your eyes as you yawn. As soon as you started to close your mouth, you see Sam stepping out of the bathroom, buttoning his FBI suit. You start to feel left out and scramble for your own suit.

      "Whoa, whoa, whoa, what do you think you're doing?" Dean asked.

      "Getting dressed...?" you say slowly.

      "No, no," Dean said," You're staying here. Two FBI agents only."

      You cross your arms," Bobby wanted you to train me, not ditch me in some motel room..."

      "Dean, she's right," Sam said," If Bobby hears about this..."

      "-which he will-," you shove in.

      "... Bobby won't be happy," Sam finished.

      "Oh well, he sent her with us, she plays by our rules," Dean said.

      "By your rules, Dean," Sam said," I'm personally in favor of her quote, unquote, 'tagging along'."

      "Right, well she can stay here and do research," Dean said, then pointed a finger at you," Don't you dare think about sneaking along."

      You snort, then cross your arms with narrowed eyes. Dean stood and headed out to the Impala. Sam apologized quickly and profusely before handing you his computer with the newspaper article, then headed out.

      As soon as the door was shut, you power up Sam's computer. You pulled up Search The Web search engine and started to search the victim's name (Tim F. Erwen), family, criminal record, and anything related to him.

      Tim F. Erwen was a druggist at a local pharmacy who had family in Oregon. He'd recently moved to Casper a few days ago. No one really knew him, and he had no criminal history in Casper or Oregon. Other than a parking ticket, that is. Which was paid in full and on time.

      With no dirt or useful information on Tim F. Erwen, you started searching up his apartment. It was on the second floor, 5th door on the left. Overlooked an alley and pawn shop back lot. The last person to live in it was a young woman who moved out under good circumstances.

      You hated this. Research was okay, but only when you hadn't been looking forward to field work. You were going to hit Dean later when he came back. Oh yeah, and probably a kick to his lower region as well. You started searching up other strange incidents in the nearby locations. There had been a shooting, a purse snatcher, and five car accidents. You started to compare the car accidents and noticed that all the recent car accidents were on the same street. In front of the pawn shop that Tim's apartment overlooked.

      You started doing background checks on the Pawn Shop. It had undergone significant renovations under new management in the last couple months. The new owners, there were two, opened their doors 6 weeks ago. The 'accidents' all happened to people with nothing in common that you could tell. But you couldn't conclude that it wasn't murder.

      You started looking up death certificates and tried to hack the local morgue's site. You were able to get all five death certificates, but only one mortician's notes. It was pretty interesting though. It noted puncture marks on the victim's neck (their excuse was shattered glass) and traumatic and fatal blood loss. But the death certificate stated on each of them 'traumatic head injuries'.

      It was a loose, almost desperate lead, but it was all you had. You printed out all the necessary information and stuck them up on the wall with thumb tacks. You were going to tell the Winchesters everything you learned the moment they walked in. But since it only took about an hour to do that, you turned on the TV and watched some cooking show to pass the time.