Odd One Out

Castiel held your arm tightly in his hand, not particularly kindly. You were scared by his reaction. You were confused and now terrified about what Cas would say to Sam and Dean... And Uncle Bobby. What would they think? What would they say? What were they going to do to you...? Gabriel was walking behind you, holding your hand. You looked over your shoulder at him, and Gabriel mouthed," It's okay, I won't leave you." You felt a little bit better, but not by much.

      "Hey!" Cas shouted, grabbing everyone's attention," Everyone! In here!"

      The Winchesters had been in the kitchen drinking a beer, which they brought out as they convened in the living room. Bobby and Crowley, still bickering, walked in from the back porch.

      "What in the blue blazes?" Bobby grunted," Cas? What's going on?"

      "What's up, Cas?" Sam said with Dean saying something similar.

      "Y/n is," Cas said," Gabriel?"

      Gabriel had paused on the staircase, eyeing everyone warily. Guess whatever healed his physical wounds didn't fully heal his psychological ones. He stepped off the stairs and showed his fully healed body. You noticed he hadn't put his shirt back on, and he was pretty shy standing there like there.

       "Wow, you finally healed him," Crowley muttered," That's wonderful. Anything else?"

      "I didn't heal him," Cas said, then pointed at you," She did."

      Everyone stared at you in disbelief.

      "Just for the record," you say, your voice shaking and breaking," I don't remember doing it..."

      "Like you don't remember sending Asmodeus and his demons into the abyss?" Sam said," That big hole in the wall... that was you."

      You were about to try and deny it, but you couldn't. You had no way of remembering if you did or didn't. And no way to prove it either. Gabriel hurried to your side defensively.

      "You did what now?" Bobby asked in utter confusion.

      "She saved us... she saved me... so I don't see what the problem is here," Gabriel said under his breath," She's a hunter, a hero. She..."

      "...'s not human," Cas cut in," You don't remember the crisis going on in Heaven? The power surge? The civil war between the factions? I searched for it's source personally, but it was hidden from me. From everyone! Call it a hunch if you will, but I think Y/n has something to do with it."

       "You can't blame all that on me!" you cry, breaking away from Castiel," I'm almost 20 years old! Why is all this happening right now? Nothing like this happened before Gabriel told us what was happening in Heaven. It can't be me! Right?"

      You searched for anyone who agreed, but everyone just stared cautiously. Except Gabriel, he thought it was a good point.

      "Yeah, how can you explain that?" Gabriel asked," The power surge happened about... how long ago did it start, Castiel?"

      "About a month ago," Cas grumbled," But this...," he gestured to you,"... is the only lead I have."

      "This isn't a lead, Castiel!" Gabriel pleaded," This is Y/n! A human being!"

      "Is she though?" Crowley stated more than asked," Because, as hunters know," he gestured to Sam, Dean, and Bobby,"... monsters typically masquerade as human beings, do they not?"

      "Crowley has a point," Sam said," I mean, don't take this the wrong way Y/n, but you may not be all... human."

      You want to protest. You want to cry. This couldn't be happening... You looked to Uncle Bobby for help.

      "Uncle Bobby?" you ask.

      "It's worth checking out, Y/n," he said softly.

      "You too?" you accuse in a hoarse, broken voice.

      Bobby looked at the ground. Cas placed his hands on your shoulders, his eyes sad and soft and sympathetic.

      "Y/n, we're not calling you a monster...," he said,"... we just want to know-..."

      "-What I am... right," you say, feeling betrayed," Well, how do we do that?"

      "I wish I knew," Castiel said," Maybe another angel in Heaven would know."

      "You're going to tell the angels?" you squeak in terror," Don't most of them want to kill the surge's source?"

      "Not all of them," Castiel said, trying to calm you down," And I won't tell them everything, just a trusted friend."

      "Who?" Gabriel asked.

      "Hannah," Castiel said," She'd know what to do."

      "Hannah? Who's Hannah?" you ask.