Deciding What to Do

"Alright," Dean said," Sam's upstairs keeping an eye on Y/n. We should all be able to speak freely."

      The group of mismatched hunters and angels sat/stood in Bobby's kitchen. They all shuffled and made nervous fidgety movements. None were willing to start the much-needed conversation.

      "I'll start then," Dean said, albeit unwillingly," This is Y/n we're talking about. Not some lowdown monster that's eaten hearts or mutilates cattle or burns people's eyes out. Alright? I think we need to think about this very carefully for her sake."

      "What do you suggest we do?" Bobby asked," I mean, she wants to hunt! She's going to be in situations where she'll want to use her powers... whatever they are... to save folks."

      "Is that a bad thing?" Gabriel asked.

      "If she's not careful, she may do more damage than good with her powers," Cas clarified," Emotions are tricky things. They can override judgement very easily."

       Bobby nodded in agreement. Dean put his hands up.

      "What can we do to prevent that?" he asked, looking at everyone individually for any ideas.

      "We can train her," Hannah said, then looked at Castiel," We angels who want to protect her can train her."

      "Where? Heaven?" Bobby asked, then shook his head," You're not taking her to Heaven."

      "No, that's not what I mean," Hannah said," Training her in Heaven won't mean anything to her. And there are still the angels who would rather kill her than trust her."

      "What are we going to do about them?" Bobby asked.

      Gabriel raised his hand," I can train AND protect her."

       Dean pointed at him with a nod of approval," There we go! Good idea. A solution."

      "Gabriel, we need you in Heaven," Cas said," I can't control the angels without you."

      "Then you train and protect her," Gabriel said, then shrugged with upturned hands," Or we trade off. You get weekends and I get weekdays."

      Bobby rolled his eyes, folding his arms," Is this a plan or a custody battle?"

      "We have to get any problems out of the way before we can find the best solution," Dean said," Now we have an offer from Gabriel to train AND protect Y/n. That's the best I've heard so far."

      "What if she turns?" Hannah asked.

      Everyone turned to stare at her.

      "She has demon blood in her," Hannah said," She could be easily influenced by negative emotions and motives. If she turns, how will we deal with her?"

      "Do we really have to think about this?" Bobby asked indignantly," Can't we just give her the benefit of the doubt?"

       Dean rubbed his eyes and the bridge of his nose," No... no, she's got a point, Bobby. I mean we do have to prepare for the worst case scenario."

      "If she has angel grace, then an angel blade would kill her," Cas suggested," We should test her with silver, holy water, and Devil's Traps to see if she reacts adversely to them."

      Dean nodded," Alright. That's what we'll do."