T W O

"You are an empty space in my heart that I can't simply fill with words."

***

TWO: DEFEATED & STRAY

TAKING MY POSITION at the starting point of the racing track, I tried to calm my nerves and breath steadily. It was Sunday and my second and last race of the week. There were a few minutes before the race started so I casually shifted my eyes to the other racers on my either side of me.

A few were talking to each other very casually as if they weren't against each other and would divide the toffee in the end.

My eyes stopped at the guy whom I recognized as Damien Russell, a popular figure with a lot of people investing in him. His tanned face was covered in a well-trimmed beard and his jaw elongated outwards, more than the usual people, giving a clever dainty look.

His eyes were squinted, so I couldn't see the color of his eyes because he was looking forward. He was wearing a sleeveless black glossy leather jacket with chains sewed at random places. Arms painted in dragon and fire tattoos.

He looked at me as if sensing my eyes on him and smirked knowingly. Narrowing my eyes at him, I withdrew my gaze and looked forward. His gaze on me made me feel uneasy. It dampened my zeal.

At a distance towards the resting area, a few known faces were casually discussing something while everyone waited for the clock to strike twelve.

The crowd roared cheerfully as the countdown ended and finally, we took off. I rolled the throttle a few times and warmth surfaced inside my jacket making goosebumps rent the skin. My eyes were focused sheerly on the road, visualizing a few other contestants in front of me.

Adrenaline marched through my veins haughtily, making my breath shallow. I crossed a few of them as a smirk appeared on my lips very naturally, decorating my face. I felt a shadow right behind me, till it was adjacent to me.

Giving a sideway glance I recognized Damein's red bike. I rolled the handle just when his bike came right in front of me, crossing mine strategically, making my balance go off. My heart stuck in my mouth due to alertness and my nerves awoke.

Pressing the brakes out of emergency, my bike fell on the right side of the ground taking me with it. My helmet hit the concrete road, as bikes raced past me. To say that I was angry will be wrong. I was disappointed, disappointed in myself for letting my shield down, even though it was unconscious.

My right leg was tucked below my very heavy bike, painfully. Scrunching my face in agony I pulled the bike up with my wrists, struggling and hissing. And then thrusting out the stand, I got off of the bike.

The sides of my deep blue jeans were greyish, instinctively my hands rub on them, dusting off the dirt. Sighing, I squatted down and gritted my teeth out of frustration. The scratched bruised stang when the cold air touched them. I hiss lowly, inspecting them.

I took a few breaths to calm my palpating nerves. A few places in my body were soar but I chose not to pay any heed to them at the moment. Knowing that nothing can be done then, I got on my bike, very difficulty. The right side of my abdomen pained when I breathed. I stopped when I reached the white-black checkered crossing line.

A few people sighed, way too visibly to express their disappointed but a few were even rude enough to shout at me. Turning a deaf ear to them, I parked at my everyday spot and waited. I knew I had to have a conversation with Damien before going back to the apartment. Otherwise, I won't be able to sleep at all.

I could've just reported him for his foul act.

I waited for more than fifteen minutes as he received his cash, chatted with his friends but he always kept a tab on me. His eyes met mine often than normal, and then he would extend a devilish smirk making me huff. I finally decided to walk up to him personally and have a 'little chat'.