F O R T Y T W O

FORTY TWO : SADNESS AND YEARNING 

Aurellia Raymond's Pov

THE BRIGHT RAYS of the sun seeped through the curtain to caress my face. I groan internally, cursing Theodore for not drawing them at night. And it's then when I realized that the source of warmth and comfort was absent. The space next to me was empty and no one was staring at me. I open my eyes completely and sit up to dangle my feet down the bed. Theodore had gone to America to sign the documents for the syrup company establishment. He had boarded the flight when I was in the office yesterday, a day after our kiss. We hadn't got a chance to talk and I couldn't bring myself to accept the fact that he won't be here for another six more days. 

With a gloomy mood, I took a shower and went down for breakfast after putting on my office attire - a white turtleneck shirt underneath a maroon blazer set. I wore a set of matching white heels to go with it.

I halted on my steps when I couldn't witness Theodore making his infamous pancakes with this blazer on the chair and hand cufflinks of the shirt rolled up till his elbows to flash his veins creeping out from his muscular arms. It's now when I realized how much I missed him, his efficient hands piling up pancakes after pancakes and not letting me leave for office till I have eaten like a 'normal human being and not like a bird.' Yes, I quoted his exact words. 

Suddenly, this makes me realize if I made a mistake by kissing him back. But he initiated it. My mind argued. 

But for a fact, I know that it was me who took it to an entirely different level, maybe against his wish. 

With a sigh I walk over to the kitchen and grab the carton of cereals from the cupboard. Even the cereals tasted like crap because I have got so habituated to eating pancakes made by Theodore. He made the most amazing pancakes in the world and I was not even exaggerating.

Huffing in annoyance that a mere kiss could get my head so fucked up, I emptied the content in the sink and grabbed my keys to get going to the office. 

In the office, there wasn't much work and I kept dreaming and then sighing when I realized that my thoughts kept going back to him. Then I wondered if he was thinking about me as well. 

I looked over towards the glass separation to find nobody staring back at me. I felt hollow a bit more.  

The rest of the day passed in gloom and blur.

Theodore Raymond's Pov

"Sir—sir!" Robin shook me to get my attention. 

It took me a moment to jar my thoughts of Aurellia back and come back to reality. This seemed to happen so many times in a day that I could feel Robin getting frustrated.  He was the secretary of Mr. Hudson, my client. We were discussing the procedures and a launching date but I don't remember what made me zone out in the middle of the conversation. 

Well, I think it was when he was saying that we should plan a massive party and announce our product there, he mentioned that the theme should be royal blue and white. And I was dwelling over the thought of our engagement party when she wore royal blue and looked breathtaking. 

"Robin, I think we should carry on with this discussion tomorrow and I'd also get some time to think about the prospects," I announced with an authoritative tone to indicate the end of the meeting. 

He nodded hesitantly before exiting the door.

The meeting had been going on nonstop since six in the morning and it was now five. I remember how I had to dismiss Aurellia's call when she called at nine in the morning against my wish but honestly, it took some will power to do it considering I haven't talked to her after our first real kiss.