T H I R T Y E I G H T

THIRTY EIGHT : FOOD FIGHT & COMPLICATIONS.

 His face began to lower and my eyes fluttered close like it had been doing this for decades. I strained myself up on my tiptoes and now our lips were just a hair's breadth away. My chest ached to close the distance and our lips brushed that moment. Millions of tingles and sparkles marched through my veins and exploded like fireworks in my gut making me clench my stomach. We were breathing the same air and for some reason, this made my stomach churn. It was exhilaratingly intimate and I craned my neck up. Theodore lifted up his eyes just to ensure when-

"We are back guys!" My eyes fluttered open wide and Theodore fisted the material of my silk dress. His knuckles forcing into my skin and rubbing against my spine. His body heat snaked up my spine and I felt something feminine in my lower belly region.

"You guys-" Christian's voice echoed.

Theodore pulled back, just little so our eyes were in level to each other. My cheeks flushed with the amount of disturbance and rawness in his stormy orbs and it was like I could look into my own soul through his eyes.

 Hunger. Thirst. Crudeness. And something more I couldn't place a finger on.

Suddenly taking me off-guard, he flexed his neck and brought his cheek to my cheek and slathered the cream all over. I shuddered, squaring my shoulders at his contact with my body.  I didn't realize what was happening for one moment before I pulled myself away from his grasp.

"You-"

"Mission accomplished." He winked with an all-knowing smirk. 

Anger boiled in my body as I snatched the cardboard from the kitchen island with more than half the cake still left and pulled it above my head to smash it with the maximum force against his ugly face and wipe away the stupid smirk. 

But, I guess I was so excited that my hold didn't seem to be proper enough.  It flew backward, right on Rohanna blow-dried beautifully styled hair. Woah! I'm so freaking good at targeting that I can do it with eyes closed. I'm a genius.

I could literally see two horns on her head and smoke billowing out of her ears. She ground her teeth, dramatically. "This calls for war!" She screeched out as Theodore gripped my waist and dragged me behind the fridge with my feet in the air.

 "Indeed a war. A food war!" I declared despite Theodore's repeatedly attempted to stop me. 

I wish I'd have listened to him once in my life because, in no time, all of us were covered in cake, eggs, sauces, flours, and whatnot. We were still throwing leftover food and plastic wrappers at each other as Christian kept squealing like a squirrel even if he didn't receive any goodies on his face. When asked he said it as — 'to increase the tempo of the situation and to frighten away the opponent.'

Very hilarious, I know.

"Let's do a group huggie," Christian suggested but he was advancing in our direction already. Specifically, in Rohanna's direction who happened to be in the middle of our devastated kitchen.

"Ew, no!" Rohanna scrunched up her nose which was covered in yellow cream. 

"Oh, yes baby," Christain took a threatening step towards her.  

Sucking in a breath and rubbing my palms together, I voiced out, "Oh, yes baby." I smiled cheekily while advancing in her direction. 

"Hell yes!" Theodore announced and we all wrapped Rohanna in our stinky bear hug. Our laughter was so loud when Roh kept protesting and wiggling in between us despite the closure.  I knew I was going to hear our laughter's echo it in my sleep as well.