S E V E N T E E N

SEVENTEEN:  ERRANDS & BRIEFCASE

I WOKE UP with a nauseating feeling and before I could register what was going on, I found myself emptying the content of my stomach in the bathroom. 

Before I could breathe again, I puked again and my stomach muscles clenched painfully. Taking deep breaths, I walked weakly to the sink and pulled out a toothbrush from the little glass cabinet on the top right corner. My head was thumping like crazy. 

I was still in my wine-colored, bodycon dress. And suddenly the fact hit me hard that I knew these surroundings, this bathroom. 

Walking back to Theodore's room, I found my phone kept on the side table. 

And little by little, the event of the previous night stuck my head like meteors, in bits and pieces. 

Why did he bring me here? He could have just let me sleep there in the office. The thought made me irritated. But little did he know how many countless nights I have spent in my father's abandoned office. 

Did I drink that much? I brooded when I couldn't remember after a certain point. My phone showed that it was 12:40 PM and there was a text from Theodore Raymond. 

I have urgent news for you. My meetings end at 2. I'll be at the residence by 2:15.  Till then, eat something. 

9:00 AM

After freshening up, I made it to the kitchenette. I pulled out a can of orange juice from the refrigerator and there was toast prepared so I didn't bother myself to cook. I avoided eating any pain relievers, trying not to depend on them. 

After my breakfast was over, which consisted of me silently playing with the food more than eating I remained seated on the island stool. 

It was on the 16th of May today. The wedding was tomorrow and I was having this weird feeling in my stomach. I don't know if it was the wine or wedding jitters. 

Definitely not the latter one. 

But, this wasn't a normal wedding, it was a contract, just a piece of paper. I prayed to God that this year passes away as quickly as others. I still wasn't sure of Theodore. I couldn't be ever. One moment, he'll be totally an asshole and the other he'll bring me to his room when I was drunk. 

Did we sleep in the same bed? 

At Least he didn't change my dress as a result of which it was totally tarnished, full of creases and wrinkles.

I don't know if I was complaining. 

Time seemed to pass quickly as I started running the NGO errands. And the NGO reminds me that I didn't let Theodore invite anyone to the wedding. I didn't want people to inspect that I have changed and suddenly a girl who worked till two at night has a love life. That would have created chaos in my protected life. 

Protected or eventless life? 

I frowned at my own thought then winced. 

It was almost half-past two when Theodore entered the house and I was done completing my work, whatever I could have managed sitting in one place and without my laptop. 

He kept his briefcase on the table and walked towards me. I watched him intently, attending to his every step. 

"I wanted to inform you of something important. I conceived that you must have read my text."

I jumped off the stool and said, "Before that, you'd take me to my house."

"What's wrong here?" He frowned with brows knitted together.