T W E N T Y E I G H T

TWENTY EIGHT : MUSEUM & BEACH

"I'LL DROP YOU today wherever you want to go." Theodore stated, swallowing the pancakes he ordered. 

"No need for that. I can manage that myself and I don't wanna bother you." I replied, adjusting the cushions on the sofa. Trust me, being a cleanliness freak wasn't a boon in life, I'd rather state it as a con. And moreover, my mind cannot function properly if my working space is more messy than my head.

"You don't need to get your hopes too high. We just need to pretend. I'll drop you after we have crossed a few lanes past this hotel area so the people out here don't doubt this fake marriage." His gruff voice reached me, his gaze fixated on his mobile phone. Nonchalance and ignorance was evident in his voice.

"Great." I retorted dryly and entered my room, locking it behind me. Huffing loudly, I made my way towards my suitcase. 

For today I opted to wear a dark blue, quarter sleeved chiffon dress which reached my knees. The bodycon was tight at my bust but flowed past that. The weather was bask worthy and I decided to visit the museum and then the beach in the evening. 

I added all the things back into my brown little bag pack and did my makeup. I wore the same black boots from yesterday since I wasn't planning to meander in the museum in three inches heels and unfortunately I currently have only two pairs with me. 

I brushed my hair, parting it from the middle like always and exited my room. 

Theodore was now in a white shirt with a few upper buttons leisurely undid and auburn brown fitted jeans. I was seeing his legs for the first time in jeans. He looked like a person on the road asking for pennies. Basically I meant a beggar...

Yes, I'll think everything  bad about him because I freaking hate him.

"Are we ready to go?" I asked which made him lift his eyes to me. He took his time scrutinizing my appearance, raking his sinful gaze multiple times over my body. He smirked. 

On the contrary, I patted my feet continuously on the floor feigning nonchalance but my insides were clenching in anxiousness and nervousness and heart fluttering, skipping a beat or two. 

I shook my head irritatedly and marched out of the door with full attitude, not caring if I looked rude. At least, I can't be more rude than him.

The car ride was very uncomfortable and awkward, for me not him. He was enjoying my soar expression when the aged driver asked weird marriage questions. I kept my mouth shut and Theodore replied with a 'hmm' or 'yeah'.

Bloody dickhead. The cab stopped in front of the museum and gingerly I got out. 

"Bye, honey. Miss me. And I'll pick you up, just give me a call." Theodore acted to convince the bald driver as he smiled cheekily at our little nuptial behavior. 

"Sure," I fake smiled, shooting daggers with my eyes with grounded teeth. 

***

I strolled back to the entrance of the beach as I looked at the sun dusking behind the mountains while performing the grand finale of color transmission. The sky was ablaze with the array of setting sun and I didn't regret wearing a sundress. The wind was pushing me forward and my bare feet hurt as if I had walked over a pane of nails. 

It was around six thirty and the insight of the museum was worthwhile. Though I was forbidden to use the camera inside so it was just me capturing everything I could work my eyes, living the moment to the fullest. 

I sat down on the warm sand, a few feet beyond the shore and brought my knees to my chest. Looking at the sea I felt so sleepy. But I was supposed to wait till eight so that Theodore could pick me up.