T H R E E

"And if she is in your life then you must know that she believes that you are a battle worth fighting."

***

THREE: CONFUSION & ENCOUNTERS

"MA'AM WHAT WOULD you like to order?" the waiter asked politely as he smiled showcasing his perfect set of shining white teeth.

"I am expecting someone. After they come we'll order, if that's fine?" I asked with an arched brow. He nodded curtly, flashing a little smile again and retreated.

I was ten minutes early, hoping he would have my wallet and nothing which his hands shouldn't have unraveled. I was feeling restless since last night and couldn't even sleep properly worrying about my purse.

Fifteen minutes passed and there was no sign of him. I didn't expect him to be late at all, after him inviting me. I had even cross-checked the cafe in which I was and it was the one he had asked/ordered me to come to.

Tapping my foot on the floor and biting my lip, my eyes were set on the entrance. At last, I ended up ordering myself a coffee- more sugar, more coffee but less milk. I sipped my beverage scrolling through the news feed on my phone.

After half an hour, in which I have had two coffees to calm my nerves and cure my nerve-wracking headache, tapping my foot till I couldn't feel it at all and after my eyes had become sore while continuously glancing at the entrance every two times in a second, I gave up.

Picking up my satchel, I marched out of the restaurant. This guy has lost his mind. No, actually I have lost my mind. I shouldn't have even come. Why did I even cancel my meeting with a new client and rather came here? To meet whom? Whose name I didn't even know. Stupid me!

There was chaos outside the cafe, paparazzi surrounding the spot in front of me. There were flashes and the sounds of the camera clicking continuously, which made my eyebrows knot. A handsome man came into my view, with sunglasses on. His face was sculpted intricately, with few days growth of beard, hair a smooth shade of black raven. He looked powerful and professional. Figure no less than a Vogue model, muscular and intimidating.

"Mr. Raymond, tell us something about your deal with Kevin Inc."

"Sir, you have funded so much for telecommunications. How do you feel about funding on the refugee issue?"

"We heard you broke up with Ms. Kavanagh?"

"She implored that you broke off with her, is that true?"

"One by one, please." His voice was rich, professional, and laced with sugar and honey, which meant all fake.

But, a chill ran down my spine, then engulfed my heart, squeezing it. I craved something I couldn't recognize.

"About my deal with Kevin Inc., I would say that we are business associates and it was very intelligent to help Mr. Kevin's company. He's a hardworking man and helping him was a very strategic plan and it will be beneficial for our company as well. We get thirty percent of shares from whatever the profit he earns for a year. And... You were asking about telecommunications?" He asked, though his face clearly indicated that he already was aware of it.

"Yes, sir."

"I think it is our responsibility to help in these sectors as not many can afford it and money is not really a question for me. So it was simply good. What else can I even say? Right." He nodded, a non-committal one. He exhaled a laugh and my ears went alert. I swallowed the unsettling feeling.

"My company had already sent 50 million to help the refugees yesterday. I don't know how you reporters didn't get the information." He chuckled light-heartedly. He looked young yet mature and clever. Our eyes met just for a split second before a lady asked him again.