T H I R T Y

THIRTY: DOMINANCE & RULES

"Hey, so it's my first day here. Can you please guide me towards the financial sector?" I said to the receptionist, who was on the other side of the wooden counter in a cherry Maroon blazer and skirt-neat and professional. 

"Just a second Ma'am. You are… " she trailed, encouraging me to fill in.

"Aurellia Hargrave." I quipped. 

"Aurellia Raymond?" She queried after searching on her computer. 

"Yes-yes." I nodded, looking down out of embarrassment.

"Here is your identification card and the financial sector is on the fourth floor in the C-wing. You will have to take the elevator in the back." She motioned with her hands, handing me over the identification card and a prospectus of Raymond enterprise & holdings.

Striding towards the backside of the office alongside managing to decode the prospectus in my hand.

First five floors were assigned for 'accountancy, banking and finance'. Next four for 'business, consulting and management'. Then one for 'charity work' and 'creative arts & design'. 

As Raymond enterprise was leading in the hotel management sector, so the other wings were for airline catering, marketing, chef's and staff's etc. 

It was a twenty pages booklet and I decided to give it a read thoroughly once I had some free time. 

I pushed the glass door open and the cool breeze of the air conditioner engulfed me in its cloud. Christian was talking to someone, his body draped in a purple suit. Our eyes met and he dismissed the other person to focus his attention sheerly on me. 

I smiled, while walking towards him. We hugged as he said, "First day, kiddo."

"What kiddo? I am not a kiddo." I said being totally offended.

"Yes, kiddo. You are a kiddo. Age wise and also standards wise." He said, carrying his natural smile. 

I pouted, batting my eyes furiously in fake hurt. "You are a meanie." 

"Then you are Mickey mouse."

"I said meanie not minnie. Get your ears checked." I retorted. 

"Haha, I don't have money you see… " it was his turn to pout. I gushed, playing along. 

"No worries, old man. I'll pay for your treatment once I have some money."

"And when will you have money?" He queried showing interest. And the idiot was also smirking.

"Maybe in ten years. Because I also have to buy myself food, and I eat loads, okay? And makeup, clothes, diamonds, a bungalow, white horses for my farm, a bulldozer—"

He chuckled at the 'bulldozer' word, lifting up his hands in mock surrender. "No need for your money."

"Good to hear." I smiled toothyly, tipping on my toes before continuing. "And don't forget, I am kiddo and you are my elder brother. You should buy stuff for me and give me money, not the other way round. Got it?" I said seriously, though I was aware of the fact that he knew I was filling around by his playful expression. 

"Chris, come here buddy." Someone shouted, a lean man with a crafty nose. Quiet an aesthetic look he had.

"Coming." Christian yelled back. 

"Go go, time for booty call." I teased and walked back to my leather swivel chair. 

"I'll catch up with you later."