S I X

"How would you feel if I say I love you ..."

SIX: AGREEMENT AND CONDITIONS.

MS. LUNA HEMSWORTH, the receptionist of Raymond Corporation, directed me, just like the other day, to get to the twenty-fourth floor.

I straightened my well-ironed clothes in the mirror of the elevator, which consisted of turtle neck white full sleeve top, a pair of dark ankle length skinny jeans and my white flats.

I didn't need to wear heels that often because I was 5'6 and heels were torture, to be honest. My hair was pulled back in a high ponytail, as my tresses cascaded like pines. My pale ivory face contained little makeup and maroon matte lipstick.

I entered the office room after knocking twice. He was seated in his chair, typing on his iOS laptop with his matriculate long fingers. He stood from his seat at my sight and nodded welcoming me. "Miss Hargrave," He greeted extending his hand.

Confidence and style were screaming through his appearance. A navy blue tuxedo set, a crisp white shirt underneath, and matching a blue tie.

And I don't know if the clothes were nice or when he wore them they became nice or  both.

I slipped my hand into his callous ones, the one which promised experience and victory in wars. His fingers wrapped around mine and my hand looked so fragile in his. A warm feeling surfaced my body and he gave a single firm shake as we maintained our eye contact. Nodding, I retraced my hands and the renting of goosebumps was an aftermath occurrence.

"Mr. Raymond," I took a seat as he motioned me to, as he settled after that, normally yet it demanded my attention, so I granted.

He was quiet for a few moments, looking at his reflection through the spotless glass placed above the wooden table. His fingers entwined in front of him and his gaze carried seriousness and wisdom. His dark eyes lifted, meeting mine intensely and I involuntarily furrowed my eyebrows, indicating question marks with a pinch of worry.

"Firstly, let me put the entire situation in front of us. Do you need anything? Coffee or tea?" He asked getting up.

"Um... Water please, " I replied, knowing very well how things end up when I am with him.

He strolled to a mini-refrigerator, at the far corner of the massive room which might have slipped from my eyesight that day, and pulled out a plastic bottle with a blue wrapper on its neck.

My eyes attended to his every move whether it was his graceful walk or the way his hand wrapped around the bottle, everything. Placing the bottle on the top of the refrigerator, he poured a cup of coffee from the espresso machine filter that was placed adjacent to the refrigerator. The air was instantly filled with the divine scent of caffeine.

The bottle was placed in front of me as he settled soundlessly on his seat. Taking a sip he said, "As you already know what's happening. You are in need of money for your NGO. And I am ready to grant money without expecting repayment of it in the future."

It felt like a brick was lifted off my chest and I exhaled. But how much I am aware of this man and his techniques, it isn't as simple as it sounds.

"But," He took a breath, "I want to marry you in return."

A heartbeat passed and another too.

Furrowed brows straightened and I blinked a few times to ensure I wasn't in a reverie. His eyes never left mine, calculating my every bit of reaction and expression.

He said it as if the earth wasn't shattering and the air wasn't ceasing into nothingness. Okay, I know it's not that serious but still. It's not even the way he's putting it like it's the most obvious thing in the world.