T W E N T Y S I X

TWENTY SIX

"CAN YOU KINDLY check the reservations under Mr Raymond?" Theodore asked in his businessman tone.

The receptionist gave a curt nod and started typing on his computer.

"Excuse me. Do you guys have a spare room?" I queried, placing my fists on the wooden table. I don't want to live under the same roof as Theodore. As simple as that.

"Extremely sorry Ma'am. But all the rooms are booked because it's the holiday season. If you want I can look for a spare room in nearby hotels." He politely said.

"Yeah? That'll be-" I began to be cut off.

"No need for that, we'll ask our friends to manage and sort it out themselves. Keys?" Theodore interrupted, drumming his fingers on the counter right next to me, impatiently.

"Yes, sir. Here are the keys." He handed over them to Theodore. "We hope you have a wonderful honeymoon. Thanks for choosing Zurich Delight Hotel."

We walked silently through the corridors of the brightly lit hotel. Entering the elevator, Theodore tapped the button for the sixth floor. I looked down to find his other hand fisted. I daren't look at his face. I kept my posture erect and jutted out my chin.

I don't have anything to lose. Everything was lost the second I decided to marry this devil.

He slipped the card into the key holder and the dark room occupied its colour. I entered first. The living room was normal with a Mahogany couch and coffee table, all neat and clean. At the right was the kitchen counter with marble slates and microwave. And in front was a closed door I believed was the bedroom.

The door closed with a loud band and I whipped around with inflated eyes. In a blink, he pulled me but my elbow and I went crashing straight onto him. His body heat lightning my insides, the feel rattling my bones and exciting the veins.

I pulled up my eyes to find his cruel gaze on my face, which I felt was shrinking under his eyes.

"Why did you ask for a spare room? You know!" He paused when his voice blared suddenly and I tried to pull myself back. Key word being tried, because I found no success due to his iron clasp on my arm.

"You know how influential businessman I am. And if the media gets a clue that on the next day of the wedding the bride is asking for a different room... You know what impression will be set on the people?" He shook me, demanding for answers and I felt the pain surging up my broken arm. Just above his hold was where I was injected with anesthesia.

"Leave me." I tried to say as calmly as possible, not losing the fierce battle of.eye contact.

He gripped my hand tighter and against my will, I winced. "I said. Leave. Me."

When he didn't bulge, I howled myself from his grip, applying all the force I could. I stumbled back a few steps before regaining my footing. Pants were coming as intervals from my mouth.

I ran my fingers over the skin, which was now adorned with red fingerprints.

"Why do you have a bandage wrapped?" He asked out of a sudden.

"It's none of your business." I spat and strode into the bedroom. The footsteps following me closely made my shoulders tense.

"No, tell me. What is it... " He stepped in front of me, blocking my way. He took my hand carefully and a ghost of a feeling engulfed my heart. Maybe he felt bad for hurting me.

"Does it hurt?" His fingers ran over the white gauze, gently. In a flash, he twisted the wrist behind me and pulled me flush against him.

"Ahh.. " I yelped when the sudden pain marched down and pain spread its way. The area started throbbing after a second, when consciousness replaced my daze.